Gas usage.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
A few don't work for signal reasons but for example if you close to an RAF base they don't allow you to have em

New ones are out that can connect to WiFi to solve this issue

If the IHD can give you the meter readings then enter on providers website for a work around

That's fine for those internet aware folks or the elderly who have knowledgeable relatives to help them with the online stuff, my parents are in their 80s and are by no means stupid but I notice that age is increasingly catching up with them and they are not quite as "aware" as they were even say 5 years go and, somewhat like jim8flog, it was only by chance they discovered that their bills were being based on estimations.

There are a lot of folks who have been (almost) coerced into having a smart meter fitted (on the premise that it will reduce their bills) and are not in that same position.. who would blindly go on thinking that their smart meter was doing the job that it was designed for....and having seen some of the wildly inaccurate estimates from my own utility operators over the years, I would have no doubts whatsoever that a number of people might be receiving (and paying...or not!!) some pretty unfair bills.

...and before some query my use of the word coerced.....I myself am regularly bombarded with emails on a weekly basis from my provider encouraging me to have a smart meter fitted....the tone is pushy and the underlying implication is very much that having a meter fitted will reduce my bills....even though I know that my bills will only reduce if I use the information that might be gleaned from such meters to change my usage/consumption habits. Thankfully my marbles are still rattling round in my head but....I do have one question....

....what's an IHD?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's fine for those internet aware folks or the elderly who have knowledgeable relatives to help them with the online stuff, my parents are in their 80s and are by no means stupid but I notice that age is increasingly catching up with them and they are not quite as "aware" as they were even say 5 years go and, somewhat like jim8flog, it was only by chance they discovered that their bills were being based on estimations.

There are a lot of folks who have been (almost) coerced into having a smart meter fitted (on the premise that it will reduce their bills) and are not in that same position.. who would blindly go on thinking that their smart meter was doing the job that it was designed for....and having seen some of the wildly inaccurate estimates from my own utility operators over the years, I would have no doubts whatsoever that a number of people might be receiving (and paying...or not!!) some pretty unfair bills.

...and before some query my use of the word coerced.....I myself am regularly bombarded with emails on a weekly basis from my provider encouraging me to have a smart meter fitted....the tone is pushy and the underlying implication is very much that having a meter fitted will reduce my bills....even though I know that my bills will only reduce if I use the information that might be gleaned from such meters to change my usage/consumption habits. Thankfully my marbles are still rattling round in my head but....I do have one question....

....what's an IHD?

In home display, the bit that tells you the information rather than the actual smart meter

They push them wrongly to save money, it should be pushed to help manage the grid