Garmin S60

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with this watch tracking shots? To be precise actually recognising that a shot has been hit?

I had the S20 previously ( I think ) and that recognised every shot.

As far as I’m aware I have it set to automatically ask which club has been hit when a shot has been taken, today it asked me once, seems a little odd, piss poor tbh.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with this watch tracking shots? To be precise actually recognising that a shot has been hit?

I had the S20 previously ( I think ) and that recognised every shot.

As far as I’m aware I have it set to automatically ask which club has been hit when a shot has been taken, today it asked me once, seems a little odd, piss poor tbh.

I've never had a problem it noticing when a shot has been hit but then for past 3 years I been using the CT10 sensors with it.

I do however find two things are rubbish with the watch. Battery life isn't as good as the s62 and I been through like 3 chargers as their so rubbish

Before I got the CT sensors it auto tracked shots

Have you been on your golf app to check the round afters to see the shots?

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've never had a problem it noticing when a shot has been hit but then for past 3 years I been using the CT10 sensors with it.

I do however find two things are rubbish with the watch. Battery life isn't as good as the s62 and I been through like 3 chargers as their so rubbish

Before I got the CT sensors it auto tracked shots

Have you been on your golf app to check the round afters to see the shots?

It’s not tracked any shots as it’s not asking me what club I’ve hit like it should. I could have manually selected it but that defeats the purpose. On my S20 it would ask every time.

What I did notice is when I set it up it asked what arm do I wear my watch on, which is the right as I’m left handed but I play golf right handed, I wonder if that’s a possible cause to the problem.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s not tracked any shots as it’s not asking me what club I’ve hit like it should. I could have manually selected it but that defeats the purpose. On my S20 it would ask every time.

What I did notice is when I set it up it asked what arm do I wear my watch on, which is the right as I’m left handed but I play golf right handed, I wonder if that’s a possible cause to the problem.

I never had mine ask what club I hit, it just used to tell me how far I had hit that shot by GPS tracking then when I went online it would give an overview of the hole with those shots (no club entered tho )

Reactions: D-S

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I never had mine ask what club I hit, it just used to tell me how far I had hit that shot by GPS tracking then when I went online it would give an overview of the hole with those shots (no club entered tho )
This one doesn’t do that and as far as I’m aware that’s not an option on the S60. What is meant to happen which is what happened with the S20 is when you hit a shot it registers that you’ve hit a shot and the watch automatically shows the section where you can select what club was used, now you do have the option to do this all manually but that’s a pain in the ass to do and shouldn’t have to when it’s meant to do it automatically.

What’s troubling me is why is it not doing it, is there something I’ve missed or is the watch fubared.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This one doesn’t do that and as far as I’m aware that’s not an option on the S60. What is meant to happen which is what happened with the S20 is when you hit a shot it registers that you’ve hit a shot and the watch automatically shows the section where you can select what club was used, now you do have the option to do this all manually but that’s a pain in the ass to do and shouldn’t have to when it’s meant to do it automatically.

What’s troubling me is why is it not doing it, is there something I’ve missed or is the watch fubared.

I've never had that option to select the shot, I've had the S60 since 2020 and it just auto registers the shots but never had the option to select what club, just get to enter the score at end of hole

Screenshot_2024-07-27-19-44-55-50_29429ed5c14d1055f5b106051d2bd280.jpg

Then after on the Garmin golf app you get these. You can fill in the clubs afterwards , mine just auto does because of the sensors. Before that it just gave me the yards with no club next to it

I read somewhere you have to swipe to select clubs , but never seen that option

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I reckon wearing it on the right wrist might affect it. Why don't you try wearing it on the left wrist next time you play and see if it picks it up.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I reckon wearing it on the right wrist might affect it. Why don't you try wearing it on the left wrist next time you play and see if it picks it up.

I just tested this there the now after reading the manual that came with it. It states that it will work better for the shot tracking if worn on the leading wrist and sure enough if I wear it on my left wrist it will ask me each time what club is used after a swing.

It feels very weird wearing a watch on my left wrist so I’m a little bit peeved at that especially as the S20 worked fine worn on my right wrist but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've never had that option to select the shot, I've had the S60 since 2020 and it just auto registers the shots but never had the option to select what club, just get to enter the score at end of hole

View attachment 54356

Then after on the Garmin golf app you get these. You can fill in the clubs afterwards , mine just auto does because of the sensors. Before that it just gave me the yards with no club next to it

I read somewhere you have to swipe to select clubs , but never seen that option
Mine didn’t do this but I believe that’s because it’s not registering that I’ve taken a shot. You probably have club prompt set to off hence why it won’t ask what club but have the shot tracking on, I’m certain for shot tracking to work it would still have to detect a shot being taken which mine did not do today except for one single time on the front 9 and one time on the back 9.

As my post above it seems to work now if I wear the watch on my leading wrist which being left handed feels weird as hell, albeit I play golf right handed my dominant hand is left so putting a watch on my left wrist is much harder than the right and the feeling is just weird. I’ll just have to get used to it.