Garmin S62 Help....

MikeF86

Visit site
Guys, had a new S62 for Xmas along with CT10 sensors so they had the first outing on Sunday just gone. All sensors paired in clubs apart from putter & hybrid (Ping grip!!!!). Started the round using the watch and located course, chose tee boxes and opted to not keep score. It was picking up shots/clubs and when I used hybrid, once I reached my ball it would ask which club as it has no sensors. All going well i assumed. Finished the round on the watch and once home I opened the app to sync the two. It picked up i'd played but obviously had no scoring as i'd opted not to score. I manually, via the app inputted all scores inc fairway hit/putts. For some reason it hasn't given me any shot info or the mini map details etc i was expecting. Any help? I do fully suspect its a user issue.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
If you go to settings/Golf settings is stat tracking and record activity turned on? (green slider)

*Edit… another thing that comes to mind is, on the app when you go to scorecard sometimes the hole data below can take a while To sync…. You need to close the app a few times by swiping up on the phone. I’ve also found that being very patient with the app helps, it will let you quickly navigate through the various menus but if you give it 5 to 10 seconds each time you navigate on the app it seems to help.

Last edited:

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the S20 approach and I have to sync in the Garmin connect app before it appears in the Golf app

Boomy

Visit site
Do you need not to keep score to get the mini map with club/position/shot info on?

I was under the impression the only way you got the mini map showing info was when you kept score on the watch as well. No score, no map?

MikeF86

Visit site
If you go to settings/Golf settings is stat tracking and record activity turned on? (green slider)

*Edit… another thing that comes to mind is, on the app when you go to scorecard sometimes the hole data below can take a while To sync…. You need to close the app a few times by swiping up on the phone. I’ve also found that being very patient with the app helps, it will let you quickly navigate through the various menus but if you give it 5 to 10 seconds each time you navigate on the app it seems to help.

Yes - Both of these are turned on.

MikeF86

Visit site
Do you need not to keep score to get the mini map with club/position/shot info on?

I was under the impression the only way you got the mini map showing info was when you kept score on the watch as well. No score, no map?

Possibly hence me asking. It worked as GPS watch so changed holes etc, also recorded the club i was using thanks to the CT10 sensors its just when i went in the app, i had nothing. Now i've updated the scorecard manually i get the round data (GIR, drive accuracy) but no shot by shot view or specific shot details.

Boomy

Visit site
Possibly hence me asking. It worked as GPS watch so changed holes etc, also recorded the club i was using thanks to the CT10 sensors its just when i went in the app, i had nothing. Now i've updated the scorecard manually i get the round data (GIR, drive accuracy) but no shot by shot view or specific shot details.

Yeah, same when I record it with my Garmin Fenix watch and CT10 sensors. The watch picks up the sensors, but unless I keep score it doesn’t map the game on the mini maps.

I was disappointed the first time I noticed as I was keen to review it on the mini maps. Thinking about it now though it maybe needs the score inputting to log against the GPS points it has ?

MikeF86

Visit site
Yeah, same when I record it with my Garmin Fenix watch and CT10 sensors. The watch picks up the sensors, but unless I keep score it doesn’t map the game on the mini maps.

I was disappointed the first time I noticed as I was keen to review it on the mini maps. Thinking about it now though it maybe needs the score inputting to log against the GPS points it has ?

I'll give it a go next time out. Just thought keeping score on the watch was a faff so didn't opt for it. If I have to then I will.

Boomy

Visit site
As I suspected, scoring has to be on to map it. It’s easy using the score feature on the watch, it pretty much does it for you if it connects to all sensors. Just sometimes it’s nice to knock around without a score - practice some different shots which would be good to review on the map post round - not to worry it’s just a minor thing ?

3BDEF176-ADB8-436D-92E0-AC08A3D0D47E.jpeg

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
It’s great once you’ve had a few rounds. There’s a historical shot feature they added which is very interesting.

Attachments

• 89FFDEA5-BCE7-4D36-B592-C64E71E8E486.jpg
    89FFDEA5-BCE7-4D36-B592-C64E71E8E486.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 14

Boomy

Visit site
This thread has cost me £399 today ? I decided it is time to upgrade my Garmin Fenix 5 to the S62 so I have all the new benefits (yardage to points and direction of the green in blind holes) Looking forward to it arriving, new toy ?