Garden Putting green advice

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok so HID has given me the go ahead to look into this for our back garden. Will be about 30 feet x 8 feet approx

Just looking for some advice on doing it if anyone else has. It won't be covered so needs to be some kind of all weather surface.

Questions:
Can you order different levels of stimp (Ideally I'd like it to be close to my home course)?
I am not a landscaper so likely to get a contractor to do it but out of interest is it easy to do yourself?
Are you better leaving natural break in or having completely flat?
can anyone give me an estimate of cost on something that size? (my brother in law is getting full garden artificially turfed for £3.2k so I'm guessing less than this)
I'm in the Glasgow area does anyone know any companies who do this.
Are there any other things I need to know/consider?

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most artificial grass suppliers offer a putting green installation. Just have a look for ones local to you and get a few quotes.

DCB

Visit site
Looked into this once before and it was the hidden costs that put me off. What is needed as a base for your putting surface will depend on what the soil is like and how it drains. Costs for making a suitable bed for an artificial green were more than double what the green material itself was to cost.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Watching with interest. We need to 'do up' the rear part of the back garden. Thinking of getting a putting green on part of the huge concrete slab the old garage was on so no soil worries but there will be a drainage issue. Anyone had artificial turf glued to concrete?

My uncle got artificial turf and it was only about 12 sq m. Cost him about £600. He did say the prep work digging/compacting took ages and the actual grass (which is £30 ish per sq m alone) took about an hour to install.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Watching with interest. We need to 'do up' the rear part of the back garden. Thinking of getting a putting green on part of the huge concrete slab the old garage was on so no soil worries but there will be a drainage issue. Anyone had artificial turf glued to concrete?

My uncle got artificial turf and it was only about 12 sq m. Cost him about £600. He did say the prep work digging/compacting took ages and the actual grass (which is £30 ish per sq m alone) took about an hour to install.

Should have said Im in the glasgow area so if you find a good contractor let me know.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When we were looking at artificial grass the total cost per square metre ranged from around £55 to £75 depending on the chosen final material

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

As has been noted above, it's the aggregate that is put down beneath it which is more expensive.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any firm that lays driveways will dig out and prepare the sub base for you , A good carpet fitter could fit your artificial grass.
Don't attempt laying a real grass putting green, toooooo much upkeep.:thup: