Gamers

Swango1980

Visit site
Just finished Miles Morales that I downloard from Playstation Plus with a Platinum.

Had a go at Returnal but I am not sure that these games that send you back to the start each time are suited to me so that has gone to one side for the time being.

Instead I am having a go at Horizon Zero Dawn as I had played and finished Forbidden West. Early days but part of me prefers it to the newer game. The simpler game mechanics work well and the early stages of the story seem better than the mid part told in the next game.
Excellent game

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
How much is the ps plus extra mate? Is it worth it in your view

I’m not sure of the figures for new customers, £6.99 a month for Essential and £8.99 for Extra rings a bell, my existing PS Plus is valid until November 2022 so it was £14 to upgrade to extra or £19 for Premium for the remainder of the contract, I opted for Premium but I think next time I’ll just go with Extra. Already downloaded a load of games that are still currently selling in shops (Returnal, Death Stranding etc) so got my moneys worth. I’ve read you can buy PS credit from online stores like Shop To, with the discount you get it’s almost the same to pay for Extra as it is Essential so a no brainier really.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

It depends party on what you have played already. Some great PS4 games that I missed and Some top PS5 titles (Ghosts of Tsushima, Miles Morales, Returnal, Demon Souls) plus Ratchett and Clank coming soon. If you have played most of them then I cannot see much new being added over the next few months (hoping they add The Last of Us Part 2 as i never played that). Having completed Horizon Forbidden West, I am now playing the first one Zero Dawn. Much of it I prefer to the sequel but I miss the glider.

Out of the PS5 ones, I have not been able to get into Returnal, guess the start from the beginning style of game is just not for me.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

I don't really play many games and very rarely anything over the summer so see PS Plus as an added expense, I tend to buy games second hand that have been out a while, once I have had enough of them or completed them I resell them.

MACM85

Visit site
I don't really play many games and very rarely anything over the summer so see PS Plus as an added expense, I tend to buy games second hand that have been out a while, once I have had enough of them or completed them I resell them.

One thing you'll have to watch for is that some of the newer games require PS plus to be able to use the online servers etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing you'll have to watch for is that some of the newer games require PS plus to be able to use the online servers etc.

Thought that all PS online games have required Playstation Plus for the last couple of generations, same with Xbox needing a base level subscription to play online.

MACM85

Visit site
Thought that all PS online games have required Playstation Plus for the last couple of generations, same with Xbox needing a base level subscription to play online.

Unless I am mistaken the chap I quoted is saying he doesn't want to pay for PS online as it is an extra expense? Which would mean some games might not work if there is no online membership.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless I am mistaken the chap I quoted is saying he doesn't want to pay for PS online as it is an extra expense? Which would mean some games might not work if there is no online membership.

Only slightly, PS Plus Extra (which was what was asked about) is the upgraded tier (the middle tier of 3) that was recenly introdced. Tier 1 is the same price and same benefits as the currnet PS Plus, PS Plus Extra has that plus access to a downloadable library of some PS4 and PS5 games, PS Plus Premium is the same as Extra but you can also stream a library of PS 1, 2 and 3 games.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

I have never had anything not work, I did notice Deathloop and GT7 both logged into online severs and everything worked ok,
I don‘t play any games online.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Connected the PS5.
It’s now downloading stuff for GT7. Played a few rounds of the mini driving game, but waiting for the real game to be ready.
I need to figure out how to access forbidden horizon. I don’t think there is a disc in the box, and I don’t think it is pre installed.

Also need to figure out what the 3 levels of subscriptions are. Is the medium one the one with access to ‘all’ the games?

There is one weird jump and run game on there. I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Connected the PS5.
It’s now downloading stuff for GT7. Played a few rounds of the mini driving game, but waiting for the real game to be ready.
I need to figure out how to access forbidden horizon. I don’t think there is a disc in the box, and I don’t think it is pre installed.

Also need to figure out what the 3 levels of subscriptions are. Is the medium one the one with access to ‘all’ the games?

There is one weird jump and run game on there. I don’t think it’s my cup of tea.
With game bundles look for a code in the box, rarely have a physical copy of the game. Middle tier of of plus is what you want, about a year of good gaming in there, ghost of Tsushima is a personal favourite as are Spiderman and miles Morales

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who told me about PS extra, so many games ????
Just started Horizon Zero Dawn, wow I can see me wasting lots of time on it.
Any tips for the game?

MACM85

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who told me about PS extra, so many games ????
Just started Horizon Zero Dawn, wow I can see me wasting lots of time on it.
Any tips for the game?

Do the side missions and collect everything material wise you can. Then enjoy the game. Once you have done that game move onto Forbidden West.

MACM85

Visit site
Started Stray at the weekend, it’s only a short game but great fun being a cat. I’ll try and get platinum as I’ve heard it’s very easy to do.

What is it like? Was considering downloading it and giving it a go but not sure it is my cup of tea.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is it like? Was considering downloading it and giving it a go but not sure it is my cup of tea.

It’s sort of a platform puzzle adventure game but you control a cat. Great story so far and the game mechanics are excellent, I’m loving it. Only takes roughly 6 hours to complete so it’s definitely worth a go.