Game Golf User Group

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Just seen the new stats pages allowing you to compare graphically against previous rounds or handicap categories. Good addition and nice to see the enhancement especially as a few internet posts were questioning the longevity of GG business model and that they might have stopped investing.

Know this doesn't mean the future is secure, but good to see nonetheless.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I saw this after uploading today's round. Real nice update and looks nice and tidy. Sure it will be a great feature when I get used to it ha

Just seen the new stats pages allowing you to compare graphically against previous rounds or handicap categories. Good addition and nice to see the enhancement especially as a few internet posts were questioning the longevity of GG business model and that they might have stopped investing.

Know this doesn't mean the future is secure, but good to see nonetheless.

rosswilliams

Club Champion
Visit site
I just cant get going with gg. Before i start i do everything i need to, but the screen is constantly white and nothing else comes up other than a shot counter. Is it easier to download courses before playing? It doesnt seem to get much of a connection even though my ohone is in the pocket right next to the belt clip.

D

Deleted member 16999

I just cant get going with gg. Before i start i do everything i need to, but the screen is constantly white and nothing else comes up other than a shot counter. Is it easier to download courses before playing? It doesnt seem to get much of a connection even though my ohone is in the pocket right next to the belt clip.
Do you mean the screen on your iphone?
Have you tried deleteing the GG App and reinstalling it?
I've been using GG Live with my iphone and never had that issue, The course has always appeared once selected.

Just logged on on iphone sat at home and nearest course appeared as soon as I selected it.

Have you tried that?

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Had the misfortune to break the clip on my GG original. Have messaged them but not sure if I will be able to get a replacement clip.

If I decided to buy another, maybe a GG Live, on E Bay etc, would I still retain all my stats from the old device and would it recognise the existing tags, or are they device specific?

Assume I would retain stats as it is a single account, but wanted to see if anyone has done so.

kerber0s1983

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had the misfortune to break the clip on my GG original. Have messaged them but not sure if I will be able to get a replacement clip.

If I decided to buy another, maybe a GG Live, on E Bay etc, would I still retain all my stats from the old device and would it recognise the existing tags, or are they device specific?

Assume I would retain stats as it is a single account, but wanted to see if anyone has done so.

All the stats are retained as you just log into the 1 account. The tags all work as they are device specific, i've gone from the normal to live and then had a replacement live device and never changed the tags, all works fine

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are very good at sending replacements, however in my case I managed to damage the device when trying to replace it. I contacted them and they sent me a whole new device free of charge.

rosswilliams

Club Champion
Visit site
Do you mean the screen on your iphone?
Have you tried deleteing the GG App and reinstalling it?
I've been using GG Live with my iphone and never had that issue, The course has always appeared once selected.

Just logged on on iphone sat at home and nearest course appeared as soon as I selected it.

Have you tried that?

Yea, the screen on the iphone. I'll give this ok and see, thanks for the advice

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
All the stats are retained as you just log into the 1 account. The tags all work as they are device specific, i've gone from the normal to live and then had a replacement live device and never changed the tags, all works fine

Thanks mate, appreciated. Thanks also FuzzyDuck. I have messaged them via Facebook as I heard thats the most likely way to get a reply. Fingers crossed they will respond :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got an email yesterday morning to upgrade to gamegolf live (even though I bought the unit second hand off this forum) for only £112.50

Ordered.. arrive this morning! (Impressive)

Spoke to a mate of mine who I know has been tempted by it and said he can have my old one for £50 threw in the new tags etc as why bother taking them all off to put on again

So £62.50 for live or £152.50 total cost if you include what I paid for the old one minus what I sold

Not bad really

Love gamegolf!

New record drive yesterday 269 straight down middle.. not quite forum distance but anything over 200 I'm always delighted with

D

Deleted member 1418

I've had GG Live for just over a month and am loving it.........well apart from all the negative stats!! :D

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've had GG Live for just over a month and am loving it.........well apart from all the negative stats!! :D

I am really liking gamegolf live myself
I didn't believe the difference would be that much but it really is

Works in tandom with my Apple Watch and gets the gps from the device that's on me.. the watch and device constantly talk using the phone as a hub but because the phone remains unopened most of the time on the course I walk off with 80% battery (anyone with a iPhone will know how good that is)

Also it's great after a round to edit either in the bar or when you get in without having to get the gamegolf out again

Only comes out the bag to charge

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
What has impressed me is, a local muni changed the hole layout which I emailed them about after an evening round . The next morning id had a response and they had made the changes and the round i played had been amended. Amazing turn around
I also use a Garmin S2, which I email them about the details.... two weeks on still nothing!

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
What has impressed me is, a local muni changed the hole layout which I emailed them about after an evening round . The next morning id had a response and they had made the changes and the round i played had been amended. Amazing turn around
I also use a Garmin S2, which I email them about the details.... two weeks on still nothing!

I take it back... email from Garmin changes will be made in the next update, end of the week! Nice one. Just not as quick as Game Golf ;)

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I'm looking for some stats tracking and also knowing my proper distances. I've been using the free app on my phone but it gets a faff getting it out and so on. I've been looking at the classic but just realised it won't be on my phone, is live the way to go? I'm not fussed about the distance to green etc as I have my garmin for that. Also is there an option for chipping etc so that it doesn't mess with average distances etc for clubs?
So far the stats are pretty interesting just after a couple of outings for a few holes.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Now I've got a iPad tablet I suppose I can actually get 1 of these again now and actually use it as my PC on XP is unsuitable.

So, anyone bored of theres, I would like one as new looking as possible, no missing bits or too worn out but still cheap as might be a quick fad :smirk:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Now I've got a iPad tablet I suppose I can actually get 1 of these again now and actually use it as my PC on XP is unsuitable.

So, anyone bored of theres, I would like one as new looking as possible, no missing bits or too worn out but still cheap as might be a quick fad :smirk:

Guess that’s a no then 🤔

Plus, what if you have a counter balance putter with the weight in the top of the Club Grip where the GG putter tag would go?