Fun Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was never anything personal no attacks or anything just one man caught out by his walter mitty stories, and not being brave enough to own up. :eek:

Personaly I think that now it is deleted it has blown any credibility he had left.

A vote of no confidence... :p

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was never anything personal no attacks or anything just one man caught out by his walter mitty stories, and not being brave enough to own up. :eek:

Personaly I think that now it is deleted it has blown any credibility he had left.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Look at the bigger picture here.

The forum is provided by GM and in turn IPC Media. Companies pay IPC Media to advertise on this forum so image is everything.

Therefore, if a thread could possibly be deemed to cast any negativity on the image and quality of the forum it has to be deleted, whether people like it or not.

Just because I have deleted it doesnt mean I dont value freedom of expression and indeed have anything against any of the posters in the thread, Im not exactly "mr diplomatic" as my mates on here know but I think it was genuine cause for deletion as per the criteria given to moderators by GM.

If I have pee'd any of you off then sorry, I understand where you are coming from, but I stand by the legitimate reason for my actions here.

If you want to discuss it PM me.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Which part was 'casting any negativity' on the forum? The Homer blatantly lied part of it?

The threads being pulled had nothing to do with the fact that you are buddies by any chance?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I have played golf with the man at forum meets, that doesnt automatically mean we are blood-brothers or something.

Just an observation.

There are no loyalties involved, just a view that such threads dont make the forum look great to new eyes or those with a vested interest, for example advertisers.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
John,

I did not think it cast any negative light on GM or the forum, the man in question said he had been in hospital for an operation and would be missing from golf for a while.

On the said days he was playing golf and gave an excuse that quite honestly my son would not have used, he honestly expected us to believe someone else used his card for two days and then entered the scores under his name by mistake.

To say the chances of that happening are remote would be an understatement, more chance of winning the lottery.
The only negative thing in this is that he could not tell the truth when he was found out and instead concocted a story that was not plausible.

I like dodger think it was pulled as you are mates and has nothing to do with the image of GM or this forum.
If you look closly no advertising is done on the forum pages. :D

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find it hard to understand how this/that thread has been pulled as it may look bad to others both potential members and potential/current avertisers.

How many posts here will diss/ rubbish certain clubs/stores/clothes/courses etc and with Homer as a prolific poster he will/has been involved with lots of it.

In my humble opinion your point just dont stand up

Maybe now Homer knows what it feels like to be "mono'd"

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
He was outed and never had the balls to admit it,great thing Howdidido .It was different when it was Mono it because he's a kid and thats ok is it (don't think so)

He got caught out big time ,end of. :D :D :D :D :D

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For what it's worth Jon, I disagree with your actions.
Homer has brought this on himself and as far as I'm concerned he's been busted.
Not that I believed much of what Homer said before, but his credibility is now in tatters and I can't see how he can possibly carry on the way he has.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
There are no loyalties involved, just a view that such threads dont make the forum look great to new eyes or those with a vested interest, for example advertisers.

Your right,it doesn't look great when he's the link between the forum and the mag..

There were comments of comedy genius in the 1st post which should have been left for all to read. ;)

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
[quote

There were comments of comedy genius in the 1st post which should have been left for all to read. ;)

[/QUOTE]

Its ok Mono has a print out of the thread and is selling it on ebay :cool: :cool: :cool:

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've been trying to stay out of this because I've got no problem with Homer per se, but this thread being pulled is a complete disgrace and incredibly hypocritical.

As has been said before, Mono has been absolutely blasted on this forum and Homer has been one of the main protaganists. Mono is a young lad, and when he's said a few things that might be a bit dodgy, I think most people have just smilled to themselves and let it go because we've all told a bit of BS when were kids. Some of the attacks on him were quite personal, why did these threads not get pulled ?

I do not buy the argument about advertisers, it's quite frankly bull$hit. When selling advertising, the media company will be saying "we've got xx amount of forum members, xx amount of hits per day". If an advertiser dipped into the thread he'd have saw somebody whose been caught telling a few porkies and quite rightly had the mick taken, in a generally amusing way, in a thread with stacks of posts and hits. If any individual posts had over stepped the mark they could have been deleted, not the whole thread.

Homer went into great and ellaborate detail about his illness and comeback. I really don't know why he felt the need to give so much detail on the stages of his "comeback" when he was already playing. If he'd have held his hands up early on, he'd have took some good natured stick and that probably would have been it. But to continually deny make up further stories has just made him look a bit of a fool imho. The mistaken identity bit is one story, but why increase YOUR handicap on YOUR signature if someone else had played under your name ?

If you lie and get caught, you've got to take the consequences. You can't go crying to the mods, especially when you've been almost guilty of bullying younger members of the forum for the same offence.

The word untenable to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.