Fun Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Jon, we all appreciate the job mods do and and accept it can sometimes be a thankless task, but can you explain why this thread was pulled, and the threads about Mono were not ? Is seems to be OK for established forum members to rake a young kid over the coals, but when a grown man is caught acting like a daft kid and gets rightly ridiculed then the thread gets pulled.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I think you will find almost all mono bashing threads were removed as were these. It does get a little tedious going over the same thing though.
Todays front page is tomorrows chip wrapper and all that.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brendy,

Care to fill me in then on what I don't know so I can post more accurately?

Andy

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This whole thing stinks as is seriously damaging to the credibility of this forum. Fortunately its not the only golf forum.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you will find almost all mono bashing threads were removed as were these. It does get a little tedious going over the same thing though.
Todays front page is tomorrows chip wrapper and all that.

Ha Ha Ha You are at the wind up !!!!

I prefer to read the news via the web now.

Andy

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
For crying out loud Guys - can we move on?

I really don't care if Homer was or wasn't playing when he shouldn't have been. I really don't care if the thread was deleted. I really do care that some seem to want to drag it on for ever. If the Mods think something I've posted is out of order then they'll delete it - will I cry? No - got better things to do.

I really don't care and I'm getting bored with it.

Lets move on - the world isn't going to end because of this but bickering about the episode isn't doing anyone any good.

By the way has anyone thought that maybe Homer updated his handicap after 2 poor rounds from before the op? Not saying this is the case but is it really that important?

There is more to life than this.....

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Probably is time to move on, but it would have been over a lot earlier with a simple admission by Homer. As for the Hcap, he was asked to explain it on several occasions and didn't, despite being willing to offer explanations for the identity theft, so I think your suggestion is unlikely.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont agree with kicking a man when he is down and HJS is flat on his erse after this debacle. I wouldnt have pulled it and I am sure it was pulled with the best intentions.

I know that people dont like the fact that there are Mods on the forum but we only act with the best intentions. There comes a point when a topic becomes uncomfortable although not insulting and on this occassion I think it was an act of mercy by Jon.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Bloody hell, wish I hadn't played this afternoon! Looks like I missed a right bunfight!

I take it Homer's been a bit of a naughty boy then. I take it he posted about recovering from his op while all the time playing normally?

He got many well wishing posts from obviously concerned members, myself included. A shame if he was telling porkies all the time! :( Oh dear!
I notice Homer has had nothng to say about it all on this thread.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Utter utter Dogshow.

It's clearly a case of one rule for one and one rule for another.

Homer you were caught out, simple as. Why you didn't have the balls to admit early on that you'd been leading this entire forum on merry dance I really don't know.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Utter utter Dogshow.

It's clearly a case of one rule for one and one rule for another.
Ok, one more time, Homer does not run this forum.
Everyones posts are equally open to being moderated or suspended.
The negative mono posts were removed, the negative homer posts were removed and yet you still insist on harping on like old women. The sad thing is that once this all kicked off and I read it on my pda, I expected these replies.

MizunoMan

Club Champion
Visit site
From reading all these HJS bashing threads (but without knowing what's going on) i get the impression that he was caught stealing pensions from the old folks home.

Anything less than this then fecking get a life!!

Its getting boring.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
Homer does not run this forum.

Excellent news, have you shared this nugget of information with Homer himself ;)

you still insist on harping on like old women

Mr Brendy I take great offence at this statement and would like this thread pulled from the forum. I am a 73 year old female golfer with a 36 handicap from Braintree Essex and find your comments derogatory to women.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mr Brendy I take great offence at this statement and would like this thread pulled from the forum. I am a 73 year old female golfer with a 36 handicap from Braintree Essex and find your comments derogatory to women.
Thems some grand keyboard skills up point 1, my stereotype stands though.

You are in Bristol and fancy Carol Vorderman, caught out big boy :D

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jackanory.jpg

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
I (like many other forum members it seems) missed the original thread, but i have read through all the posts on this thread.
I can see why some people a bit upset about missing out on reading it but i'm not surprised that it got deleted, i would have deleted it myself.

This whole thing reminds me of school yard bullying.

It embarressing i thought we were all like minded grown ups?

Does any one really deserve to come on here and face public ridicule? or worse be forced away?

I'm quite disapointed by the hole thing.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.