Fulham new manager

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fulham ,Cardiff & West Brom for the drop I think. Palace have got the best man in charge for a relegation scrap IMO.

Hope so, much is made of Palace never staying in the Prem, we did of course have a few seasons when it was the First Division but as wel now know, football didnt exist before Sky/Prem! But agree Pulis is a very good manager and I am hopeful. :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why do they not pick English managers?

We had a spell of British managers. Coleman, sanchez, Hodgson & Hughes. Coleman did alright for a bit, Sanchez was hopeless, Hodgson was great but is partially to blame for the situation we are in now and Hughes had an ego the size of Wales.

Nationality is irrelevent, at clubs like Fulham they either a) Think they are bigger than the club, b) are rubbish and get sacked or c) get poached by bigger clubs.

Having said that I think Meulensteen has been harshly treated. We are going down anyway but I think Rene is the first manager who has actually recognised and tried to address our issues which have been trying to get away with buying old players on the cheap. Any outside chance we had of staying up have I fear gone with the appointment of Magath. I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but 12 games in a league you've never managed in isn't enough time. Of course I hope I'm wrong