Fulham new manager

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
How do Fulham manage to sack their manager, and bring in a replacement immediately. They let the old manager spend money in the transfer window, when they must have been looking to get rid of him. Felix Magath turned down Hamburg two days ago, so must have known then he was going to Fulham for some time. Strange way to run a Club, and I have a feeling they have sealed their relegation fate.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think they sealed their fate when they got rid of Jol

D

Deleted member 17920

I hope that the man in charge keeps Dan Burn in the team as we are relying on appearance fees for him and he has been doing quite well, and if Fulham sell Stockdale the that really would help Darlo out :thup:

D

Deleted member 18588

I hope that the man in charge keeps Dan Burn in the team as we are relying on appearance fees for him and he has been doing quite well, and if Fulham sell Stockdale the that really would help Darlo out :thup:

Can't see that happening unless he massively improves his pace and mobility. Frequently exposed whilst on loan to us at St Andrews and, therefore, surely more vulnerable against Premiership strikers.

With regard to OP it does seem very strange to allow Meulensteen to spend relatively big during January and then sack him on 14 February. As a club Fulham have done well for some years now, punching well above their weight and perhaps reality is now starting to bite. For the sake of their fans I hope I am wrong.

Just get rid of David Hamilton!

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do I detect from this thread that Richart and Homer are on the same side for once. Blimey, wonders will never cease, if I have read it right and they are.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Fulham ,Cardiff & West Brom for the drop I think. Palace have got the best man in charge for a relegation scrap IMO.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the Championship. Less plastic fans, and we actually win a few games. :thup:

Only going by this post and you said "we". And as the thread was about Fulham, what is one supposed to think. I thought it was cute that you and Homie batted for the same side

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Only going by this post and you said "we". And as the thread was about Fulham, what is one supposed to think. I thought it was cute that you and Homie batted for the same side
I was just taking a little bit of pleasure out the plight of Fulham, and having a bit of banter with their supporters on here.:)

I have been a Reading supporter since the 60's.:eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Apart from enjoying the moment our result consigned Reading to relegation, I've always enjoyed playing them. Working at the Royal Berkshire Hospital you can imagine the number of Reading fans I have to deal with every day all of whom are enjoying Fulham's plight. Plenty of Royals fan at my golf club too so no escape. To be fair, get relegated, clear out some of the older players, flog the assets like Hangeland and Stelkenburg and build again. The youngsters I saw in the cup matches and in the last few PL game to have some talent. Get some decent buys in over the summer and wait....

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Apart from enjoying the moment our result consigned Reading to relegation, I've always enjoyed playing them. Working at the Royal Berkshire Hospital you can imagine the number of Reading fans I have to deal with every day all of whom are enjoying Fulham's plight. Plenty of Royals fan at my golf club too so no escape. To be fair, get relegated, clear out some of the older players, flog the assets like Hangeland and Stelkenburg and build again. The youngsters I saw in the cup matches and in the last few PL game to have some talent. Get some decent buys in over the summer and wait....
Strangely I was not so upset with Fulham, more that Pompey obviously took a bung to throw the last game of the season.:whistle: You have enjoyed the moment for far to long Martin.;)

My daughter wants to go to an away game, so might pencil in Fulham next season. A Thames derby.