Friday decisions ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a choice of going to the Dunhill Cup that's free or play Turnberry Ailsa @ circa £140, what would you do ?
Give it a miss mate, they're letting any old duffer play there nowadays :love:, we tee off Friday 1.50.
Price £125 including coffee/ roll, 2 course meal after round.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
gone for it then?

enjoy it i did.

Ye, I was initially told there was no times left when I arrived at Dundonald this morning, by the time I got my clubs out a time magically appeared so 10.50 tomorrow, weather set decent and wind dropping to 10-12mph after the 30+today.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Will the greens be as good as Dundonald though?

Well, the Dundonald greens were cored and sanded, which was disappointing at first glance, though were very true. Had a quick look at the 18th on the Ailsa and they looked perfect.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, the Dundonald greens were cored and sanded, which was disappointing at first glance, though were very true. Had a quick look at the 18th on the Ailsa and they looked perfect.

A necessary evil to keep them going through the winter.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Turnberry is magnificent bit £125 for a game of golf is crazy but if that's the price and you want to play then suck it up.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Treat golf, what a great and perfect expression for those type of places. I played the Championship at Carnoustie the other week and it cost me £15 but the course, facilities and the surroundings has nothing on Turnberry.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

They were absolutely magnificent again today, hate to say it but they were almost "too fast". Rolling like glass.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Turnberry is magnificent bit £125 for a game of golf is crazy but if that's the price and you want to play then suck it up.
Almost a pound a shot for me :mad::p but still worth it. The greens were almost as good as ours ;).
But £10.50 for a coke and a lager :eek: , you can stick that Donald.
Good to see you again RandG (y) Edit- just to add the weather was fantastic , shirt sleeves all the way, then it started to get cold over the last few holes when the sun was low.

Last edited:

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
But £10.50 for a coke and a lager :eek: , you can stick that Donald.
Good to see you again RandG (y)

It was interesting how you are ushered to the halfway house, then seen £30 for Fish and Chips or £10 for a burger, I just turned round and headed straight back out the door. :ROFLMAO: but yes, I would pay it again next year(for the golf not the burger) if I was guaranteed the same weather.

Was good to see both of you again (y)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was interesting how you are ushered to the halfway house, then seen £30 for Fish and Chips or £10 for a burger, I just turned round and headed straight back out the door. :ROFLMAO: but yes, I would pay it again next year(for the golf not the burger) if I was guaranteed the same weather.

Was good to see both of you again (y)
A few of us are going to sign up for some events in next years seniors tour, Turnberry was good value [ including roll/coffee and a meal ] considering the normal costs, and with no mats being used:devilish: .

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Their senior tour is good, apparently some old crock from here finished 4th, also apparently, had he taken the game serious after losing two balls on the first three holes in the final round, instead of farting around for 15 holes, he'd have finished 2nd. :sneaky:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Their senior tour is good, apparently some old crock from here finished 4th, also apparently, had he taken the game serious after losing two balls on the first three holes in the final round, instead of farting around for 15 holes, he'd have finished 2nd. :sneaky:
Aye, I heard about him , apparently nobody likes him anymore. :ROFLMAO:
Seemingly around 330 balls were lost at Turnberry today by the Golf Scotland squad :eek: BTW only 3 of them were mine, was told a guy in the game in front of us lost 20 brand new ProV1s :love:

Last edited:

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Aye, I heard about him , apparently nobody likes him anymore. :ROFLMAO:
Seemingly around 330 balls were lost at Turnberry today by the Golf Scotland squad :eek: BTW only 3 of them were mine, was told a guy in the game in front of us lost 20 brand new ProV1s :love:

Isn't that Golf Scotland thing full off Choppers, no surprise there were as many balls lost 😅