Forum meet 2015 Saunton and Ilfracombe.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm interested and might be able to get a few of my Blackmoor regulars to come along if you need extra numbers. We would probably make it a two night stay so we could play both Sauntons, and Ilfracombe. I have been looking into going to Royal County Down next Spring, so would have to be a 'possible' at this time.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
What I will try and do over the next few days is get the whole package sorted
and get it posted.
Get some idea of numbers and pre book the dates then I can add as needs be.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There's a large group from my club (around 24) go every year, in fact they are their now (27th-2nd), I been down there with them and had a great time, we/they always go late in March to get the best deal of 18 holes and a meal afterwards chosen from a chefs choice listed on the blackboard in the bar. I personally would prefer it to be over a weekend, the craic in Barnstaple, especially in The Cornerhouse is brilliant where all the rugby fans and players get into on a Saturday night.

There are reports coming back to us that for the first time ever some holes have had to be closed as water has risen up through the course, not fell and sat on it!

Dependent on dates I'd be interested, I've always stayed in the The Royal & Fortescue right in the centre, great spot for all the bars, great food and comfort, good double rooms and a nightclub just down the side alley, although if Max and HID's comes, they'll be no clubs on the agenda :(

Very interested.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have you considered organising this for the Easter weekend next year? Saunton have a 36 hole open on the Easter Monday which this year is £50 (no food) and RND across the water have an 18 hole open on the Sunday for £25. I think the Saunton hcp limit is about 14 or 16 although if it doesn't fill up they may accept higher, not sure about RND but I think it's a bit higher.

So there you go, 54 holes of competitive golf for £75.......just a thought ;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have you considered organising this for the Easter weekend next year? Saunton have a 36 hole open on the Easter Monday which this year is £50 (no food) and RND across the water have an 18 hole open on the Sunday for £25. I think the Saunton hcp limit is about 14 or 16 although if it doesn't fill up they may accept higher, not sure about RND but I think it's a bit higher.

So there you go, 54 holes of competitive golf for £75.......just a thought ;)

I wouldn't want to do 36 around Saunton, no doubt both courses on 1-day!

The other thing would be accommodation would hike their rates for Easter.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I wouldn't want to do 36 around Saunton, no doubt both courses on 1-day!

The other thing would be accommodation would hike their rates for Easter.

Yes it's both courses at Saunton on the Monday. Accommodation rates aren't too bad, you can get a decent double room for around £75-80 with breakfast.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
late April at Saunton on a county card rate would be good, 36 holes for £50, followed by Illfracombe @£20 with a county card makes this seems great value

would be very interested if you could swing these rates