Formby Golf Club

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some pic's of today's meet at Formby. The forecast has been shocking all week. Thunder, lightening and heavy showers were on the cards and even this morning, the met office had heavy showers for Formby . . . . . In reality, it was windy as heck, but he skies were blue(ish) and a great day was had by all 8 of us.

Formby is a fantastic course. You play amongst a combination of pine forest and sand dunes and despite the terrible weather yesterday, it was really dry and the greens were true, but understandably a little slow. I love all the courses on that stretch of coast. Birkdale and Hillside get all the plaudits, West Lancs always holds the open qualifing, but for me Formby is the one I would choose to be a member at. The welcome is always superb, the facilities are great, and you have Formby ladies GC on the same premises which is also a cracking course.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally agree with this sentiment. Absolutely cracking course and I loved it when I played it last year - if I moved in the area, this is probably the one I would try and join.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I totally agree with this sentiment. Absolutely cracking course and I loved it when I played it last year - if I moved in the area, this is probably the one I would try and join.

It's just that bit too far for me Paul (45-50 mins in good traffic) otherwise I'd be enquiring.