Fore!!!!!

Brookwood

Hacker
Visit site
I have notice some golfers shout "Fore left" or "Fore right" whereas I tend to just bellow "Fore". Is adding the left or right better?

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
I think it is better so long as you know where the shout comes from in the first place and the person shouting knows left from right of course.

Up_Point_1

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest I’m not sure whether shouting ‘Fore Left’ or ‘Fore Right’ makes very little difference. When you’re playing it’s sometimes very difficult to even tell where the ‘Fore’ shout is coming from.

Best bet is if you can hear the ‘Fore’ shout then protect yourself. Better to be safe than sorry. It’s not much fun having to remove a shiny new Pro V1x from the side of your noggin ;)

DHM.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's the TV golfer syndrome. People who watch golf on tv, think that what the professional do applies universally. Of course it makes sense when a pro' is teeing-off down a fairway lined with spectators on both sides. The shouts of 'fore left' or 'fore right' mean something then, but they don't have any meaning to the club golfer. By the time the 'target' has worked out whether the 'shouter' means his left or his right, he's been hit by the ball.

You give a good loud shout of 'Fore,' Brookwood, and wait until the alternative warning shouts have been tested in court.

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
I tend to duck however the shout is given. Always makes me laugh when players hear a shout of fore and then look around to see where it has come from.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once saw a guy look up to see where the shout FORE RIGHT came from and caught it flush on his thraple. We had to phone for a buggie to come pick the guy up. He looked like John Merrick.

P.S.

I know it is serious and definately not funny but don't you just crease up when someone gets caught in the cross fire.

I call it 'THE FOG OF GOLF' or 'COLLATERAL DAMAGE'