Food prices at your club???

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Growing up in the midlands and living in the northwest as a young adult, I wasn't aware of ham, egg and chips as a dish. I don't know if it had just evaded me or if it's a southern thing.
After I moved down south I saw it on a cafe menu and ordered it, assuming it would be hot, thickly carved slices of freshly cooked leg of ham or maybe a gammon steak. Since discovering it's generally a couple of pieces of the thin, reconstituted rubbish you get in a plastic container in the supermarket I've never bothered again.
I think it's £7 at our place.
I've never heard of this as a thing before. Gammon, yes, what you describe, no o_O.

After discovering this, why did you stay? :LOL:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
No ham, egg and chips at our place. Burger is maybe £12.50 for guests and £10.85 for members. Something like that.
If there's a Sunday carvery on upstairs, I've had a main course for £8.50 in the spike bar (not on the menu, mind) which makes their burger price a joke!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not too bad at the local club
£8-£10 for the snack type meals (burgers/pizza/filled rolls etc)
£10-£20 for the ‘proper’ meal dishes

No ham/egg/chips on either menu

Some of the prices at the high end resort courses are a bit eyewatering and definitely a ‘considered purchase’

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm find myself even luckier to be where I am. Lovely course, seats next to the 18th green, finish round, buy some lunch and a drink for about £5-8 (nice food also) and watch others make a mess of the 18th, which makes me feel a lot better about my miserable round. Playing golf on Saturdays and Sundays, very cost effective way to sort out my weekend lunch. The thought of having to spend £20+ at other clubs is eye watering. Lunch could cost be £30-50 for the weekend if I followed the same routine. I reckon I'd have to cancel lunch at the golf club, and resort to a Meal Deal at Tesco

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven't eaten at the club yet, will have a look at the prices on Friday.
A sausage roll and a bottle of coke was £4:85 at the half way hut and a pint of San Miguel is £5:10.