Food prices at your club???

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ham egg & chips £7 at mine.

I mentioned this before as it was outrage, but I was charged £5 for a simple bacon sandwich last month. Can't remember how much it is for a burger & chips, probably 8 quid or something.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
We'll be in to regional disparity here again!

Specials in the clubhouse are usually about £6-50 to £8 - sarnies from about £4 - all decent value and quality. Can't remember the specifics without looking!

But, no surprises, inside the M25 will be more expensive than rural anywhere! :)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
£3.50 for a bacon or sausage sarnie.
Bowl of chips £1.50
Pint of Madri £4.30

All less 10% with a membership card.

Buckles01

Visit site
Specials board this morning varies between £5.50 and £7, pint of Porreti £4.20. Bowl of chips or onion rings £1.20. All food is “homemade” including the burger’s and steak pies. Bacon or sausage buttie £2.50 or £3 for both. 10% member discount ??

AliMc

Visit site
Scotch pie, beans & chips
Bacon, egg & chips
Sausage, egg & chips
all around about £6.40 with members discount, 50p more or so without the discount I think

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Based on the last specials email we received its around £6.95 for a baguette at our place or £4.50 for a steak and gravy barm.

Tbh I very rarely eat there apart from handicap team meals post matches but the food seems pretty good from my limited experience of it.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
Just checked my V1 app. I paid £9.82 for a Haggs Burger* and a pint of Hever Lee the other day. I think that's with 10% discount for using member levy card. So roughly £11. Think the pint is approx £4 of that.

*Burger topped with haggis. Chips on the side with some peppercorn sauce. Proper nom.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
£5 pint of Madri
Club sandwich and chunky chips £9
(member’s get 10% off food and drink - above before discount)

All ingredients locally sourced and large portions etc. Have all increased post pandemic as you’d expect.

RichA

Visit site
That's a bit steep, wants to be top notch roast ham etc at that price. Preferably with a pint included!!!
Growing up in the midlands and living in the northwest as a young adult, I wasn't aware of ham, egg and chips as a dish. I don't know if it had just evaded me or if it's a southern thing.
After I moved down south I saw it on a cafe menu and ordered it, assuming it would be hot, thickly carved slices of freshly cooked leg of ham or maybe a gammon steak. Since discovering it's generally a couple of pieces of the thin, reconstituted rubbish you get in a plastic container in the supermarket I've never bothered again.
I think it's £7 at our place.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Growing up in the midlands and living in the northwest as a young adult, I wasn't aware of ham, egg and chips as a dish. I don't know if it had just evaded me or if it's a southern thing.
After I moved down south I saw it on a cafe menu and ordered it, assuming it would be hot, thickly carved slices of freshly cooked leg of ham or maybe a gammon steak. Since discovering it's generally a couple of pieces of the thin, reconstituted rubbish you get in a plastic container in the supermarket I've never bothered again.
I think it's £7 at our place.

Never order ham egg and chips from a cafe…. Ever!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE All ingredients locally sourced and large portions etc. Have all increased post pandemic as you’d expect.[/QUOTE]

Marketing speak for "Bought at the local supermarket/cash and carry" ;)