Food and drinks at your club in Scitland

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
just heard that my club will not be able to serve food and coffees during the 16 day "its not a lockdown" in Scotland.

Everywhere else the same? Scottish Golf advice apparently.

just heard that my club will not be able to serve food and coffees during the 16 day "its not a lockdown" in Scotland.

Ive not asked at mine but I thought it was just alcohol and even then its only after 6pm

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We're the same. Yet again another political dig I see from you.

Yesterday was the first time I've used my clubhouse since Covid and only because i had guests. Personally I'm not comfortable sitting with others, not knowing the cleaning regime etc so it doesn't effect me.

Aye, whatever! It is not political, it is out of frustration at this whole situation.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We will not be serving food and drink, can't say I use the club house mush at the moment anyway. Though I'm visiting a friends club and having a meal today.
Lets hope it works we reduce numbers and we have the weather to play golf,

D

Deleted Member 1156

We're the same. Yet again another political dig I see from you.

Yesterday was the first time I've used my clubhouse since Covid and only because i had guests. Personally I'm not comfortable sitting with others, not knowing the cleaning regime etc so it doesn't effect me.
How is it political?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our catering is open 1000 through til 1800 for food. No alcohol indoors but an awning has been put up over the veranda so folks can sit out there and have a pint.

We have 3 main seating areas in the club house so it's not been too bad getting a seat away from other. And the caterers are doing some great specials, Steak pie and chips with a pint of lemonade for £6.00. Can't argue at that.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

Is that Sunny Dunny? I'm there next week and was planning on arriving early for a roll and coffee.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We're doing food and soft-drinks daily and closing at 5. Obviously not the central belt so we're "ok" for now. We have no outdoor seating so it's a relatively easy decision within the rules.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is that Sunny Dunny? I'm there next week and was planning on arriving early for a roll and coffee.

Sadly it is. Really hope things change (cafes can serve food indoors as long as there is no alcohol).
I do my best to support our caterers (franchise) and usually have a roll and coffee before playing. Unlike @Jacko_G I know the cleaning regime at my club is tight and tables are well spaced.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sadly it is. Really hope things change (cafes can serve food indoors as long as there is no alcohol).
I do my best to support our caterers (franchise) and usually have a roll and coffee before playing. Unlike @Jacko_G I know the cleaning regime at my club is tight and tables are well spaced.
I love your bacon rolls and the staff are great. Very much confusion with travel restrictions now. According to the new guidelines folk within the Central Belt should not travel out with their area and those of us who are outside should not travel to the Central Belt unless they need to. All very confusing. ☹