Food and drinks at your club in Scitland

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love your bacon rolls and the staff are great. Very much confusion with travel restrictions now. According to the new guidelines folk within the Central Belt should not travel out with their area and those of us who are outside should not travel to the Central Belt unless they need to. All very confusing. ☹

Yes indeed, the staff are fantastic. Without being political (honest) it is not easy to follow what is and what is not allowed. Cafe or restaurant is especially confusing.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
After 26 posts thats news to you why?

Because there is so much confusion with what is happening here. Outwith the Central Belt, where I live, our clubhouse and bar remain open, although it has to close at 6pm and cannot serve alcohol indoors as do restaurants, but cafes don't. Those living in the Central Belt "should not travel outside their health board area if they don't need to." and those living outside the area should not travel into it.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ouch that's a sore one, good job we get a discount card but to be fair the grub is good and you get plenty on your roll.
Yes it was nice and I left a £3 tip :D, because earlier we got nice surprise, we were expecting to pay green fees but turned out it was already paid :ROFLMAO:. Turned out a great day, the course, food, company and the weather were excellent.
My golf wasn't too bad 33 points including 3 blobs, 1st blob 2nd hole short par 3, missed the green only slightly to the right but it tumbled a fair bit down the slope, hit a nice chip that sadly kept on running way passed the pin down of the back, chip on and 3 putt :mad: .
2nd blob was at the 10th it think :confused:, just couldn't see where the green was.
3rd blob at the 17th, I left it slightly short, chipped on but it ran right to the back of the green, putted to pin high but it broke 6 feet right leaving me an uphill putt, left it 6 inches short and it ran back down to 8 feet away then 2 putted for a 6 :mad:
BTW your green keeper :devilish: has a wicked sense of humour giving a few of the pin positions:eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Think most of the issues caused by 'the guidelines being unclear' are down to people trying to find ways around them rather than accepting them. I'm not struggling with any of them.
Though in truth confusion across the UK arises when we try and do something that we are being encouraged to do - but can't quite work out the details, circumstances and constraints under which we are allowed to do it. I am being generous to those who are simply intent on getting on with their life 'as normal' regardless.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Though in truth confusion across the UK arises when we try and do something that we are being encouraged to do - but can't quite work out the details, circumstances and constraints under which we are allowed to do it. I am being generous to those who are simply intent on getting on with their life 'as normal' regardless.

I think you're being very generous. I do appreciate some of the guidelines are more complex than others but if you (they - not you) don't understand them, err on the side of caution.
People don't want to do that. They just want to be selfish and carry on, citing that the rules are too complex to understand.