foecast to be wet and miserable Sunday - do I play?

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Re: forecast to be wet and miserable Sunday - do I play?

I would stay at home help the misses with the house work and then ask if she would like to go and do the christmas shopping,have a bit of lunch while your out and a nice bottle of the old red ,come home and prepare her evening meal ,bath the kids read them a story and relax with a good book.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Re: forecast to be wet and miserable Sunday - do I play?

Christmas comp tomorrow and I'll see how that goes before deciding if I need to endure another 4 hours of potential misery on Sunday. The forecast first thing looks reasonable but once the rain comes its going to lash it down and there is some debate about when its due. Thinking a nice session on the practice ground and learning the yardages of my new R11's would be time better spent and I can always nip in for a bacon buttie and a coffee if it comes earlier

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I played and didn't get wet (or should I say too wet as it did rain for 2 holes).

Greenkeepers revenge was good as usual, holes cut on the slope between 2 tiers of the green were particularly nice to try and putt too. I managed 26 points, with 5 blobs !!!!!

To be honest I was happy to get out and play after being laid out for 2 days sick, so its nice to feel semi ok again.