I might be able to play pitch & putt!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Seen these. Making some progress especially in the chipping

I've watched both of these &, although they are saying the same thing basically as Stan Utley, I don't think I would have understood as well if I hadn't read Stan's explanation first. He puts more emphasis on using the bounce for both pitching & chipping & how the grip end of the club doesn't travel far. He also explains that, under certain circumstances, a chip shot can be longer than a pitch, depending on what is between you & the target.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I play two rounds on the pitch and putt course and then hit a bucket of longer club shots on the range before my first round at the club every year.
That constitutes the entirety of my practice for the season.
After that, if I'm feeling well enough to swing a club, I play.

Practice...one shot after another...is much tougher on the worn out body than actually playing.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well there you go, three completely different answers ??

Short Game is an art.
Without feel and skill in the hands, everything else is irrelevant.

When you see someone with no hands or forearms for that matter making a swing with a full L shape and playing off single figures, you can see how much can be done with body motion.

The inside moves the outside as Hebron would say.

Pivot is body control, think of Hogans five lessons pictures (the one without the hands arms and club). Its how the shoulders hips knees and feet work together.