Flexible Memberships In Sheffield

Redskins21

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm just getting back into the game after over a decade not playing and have been starting to look at membership options for local clubs in Sheffield.
I don't think I'll have the time to justify a full membership anywhere but i'd love to be able to play in competitions when I am available, most likely at weekends.

are there any local players who can recommend some clubs with flexible options, or general membership options to look out for?

I've looked into play more golf which is available at Hillsborough and soon to be at Wortley but i'm not sure whether I'll have enough access to competitions with this.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi
Myself and a mate were in the same situation last year looking at options in Sheffield. Ended up joining Bondhay under Associate membership which is £420 for 24 rounds with no restrictions as to when you can play.
Bondhay is open all year, drains very well, but is a tough Championship course - stableford comp winners are often around 36 points, and normal CSS is 74 against par 72.
You have to phone up to book a tee time, but can do this 9 days in advance & before general public.
Hope this helps
Rich

Redskins21

Visit site
Hi
Myself and a mate were in the same situation last year looking at options in Sheffield. Ended up joining Bondhay under Associate membership which is £420 for 24 rounds with no restrictions as to when you can play.
Bondhay is open all year, drains very well, but is a tough Championship course - stableford comp winners are often around 36 points, and normal CSS is 74 against par 72.
You have to phone up to book a tee time, but can do this 9 days in advance & before general public.
Hope this helps
Rich

Thanks for the feedback. That sort of membership sounds ideal, though I'm on the Barnsley side of Sheffield so Bondhay may be a little for away.
It's definitely an option though and I'll keep an eye out for similar offers nearby.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi
Hope this helps
Rich

Including comps? Great deal.

Redskins21

Visit site
Hi
Hope this helps
Rich

After looking into it further I think I'll be joining Bondhay in the new year.

Let me know if you ever fancy a game.

dronfield

Visit site
After looking into it further I think I'll be joining Bondhay in the new year.

Let me know if you ever fancy a game.

You will enjoy playing there, a good choice - it also drains very well, an excellent winter course.

Might also be worth you looking at Wortley which will be much closer for you - i played there earlier this year and it was in good condition (think they were advertising membership).

Rich