Flags Out????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No idea! He might have jumped the gun I suppose! But as we have seen in this topic (including post above this one), some clubs have gone there already anyway.
On a serious note what happens if some players refuse to use the rakes? ( there will be some)
Will they have their own small ones?
I wouldn’t be to happy if I landed in their footprints.
If the last few months are any indication some golfers make NO attempt to smooth them out.
But with no preffered lie that’s going to be a problem.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a serious note what happens if some players refuse to use the rakes? ( there will be some)
Will they have their own small ones?
I wouldn’t be to happy if I landed in their footprints.
If the last few months are any indication some golfers make NO attempt to smooth them out.
But with no preffered lie that’s going to be a problem.
Has that not always been the case though. Some people don't rake, don't repair pitchmarks etc. They are just inconsiderate. The rest of us will rake as usual.

In all honesty, rakes out has been fine with me. There were lots of comments at the beginning of all this about how awful bunkers would be in terms of foot marks etc but I have not had any issues or seen any horror bunkers. No more worries about rakes left in the bunker, left out :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm trying to get the image in my head of those who never raked bunkers saying to themselves "Great, they're putting the rakes out again"

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has that not always been the case though. Some people don't rake, don't repair pitchmarks etc. They are just inconsiderate. The rest of us will rake as usual.

In all honesty, rakes out has been fine with me. There were lots of comments at the beginning of all this about how awful bunkers would be in terms of foot marks etc but I have not had any issues or seen any horror bunkers. No more worries about rakes left in the bunker, left out :D
Some of our bunkers have quite steep sides and not that easy to get out of so the last footprint could have been made by a 20st yetty.
I would take the sand out and put wild grass in them all .
Much more of a punishment that sand.
You never hear a pro shout “ get in the long grass”

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Never miss an opportunity to go back to the way we've always done it. Just because that was the way it was always done.

Then listen to someone bleat on about being a traditionalist blah blah..........

D

Deleted member 16999

Never miss an opportunity to go back to the way we've always done it. Just because that was the way it was always done.

Then listen to someone bleat on about being a traditionalist blah blah..........
Hopefully the good won’t be forgotten and Clubs keep moving forward.

I do agree though it’ll be a shame if some don’t.