FJ Hydroknit Sizing?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tempted to pick one up with the birthday money but the size guides I've seen seem to suggest it comes up a bit small? On Goldbidder for example they have Medium as 37.5 to 39.5 which is very tight for a medium. Is that accurate or do they tend to be normal size for those of you that have them? This is for the half zip top.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the top with full length sleeves in S. I would say true to size but possibly is a bit of a 'Tailored' fit in M&S shirts parlance. Its a great fit for me in warm weather when only wearing a polo underneath, but maybe tight if layered up for warmth in the winter.
Very comfortable, silent, flexible, waterproof though. More comfortable than Goretex imo.

sjw

Visit site
Tempted to pick one up with the birthday money but the size guides I've seen seem to suggest it comes up a bit small? On Goldbidder for example they have Medium as 37.5 to 39.5 which is very tight for a medium. Is that accurate or do they tend to be normal size for those of you that have them? This is for the half zip top.
Maybe you should our resident fashion guru @dufferman

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a small jacket and it is snug, ok in summer if only wearing a polo but I wouldn't be able to get much more on and be able to wear it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers all. I think it might be something that I wear more in summer just over a polo (still have a decent jacket I can wear in winter) so I'll have a stab at the medium I think.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have two Hydroknit tops in medium and they fit as expected. But bear in mind that FJ have a bit of a penchant for "athletic fit" clothing that does tend to be a bit more 'clingy' than other brands. They do still fit though, it's just the design itself.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have two Hydroknit tops in medium and they fit as expected. But bear in mind that FJ have a bit of a penchant for "athletic fit" clothing that does tend to be a bit more 'clingy' than other brands. They do still fit though, it's just the design itself.
I'm a weird size as it is. I have narrow shoulders, skinny arms & chest and a fat stomach. Essentially I need medium on the top half of the shirt and large at the bottom half. Athletic fit tends to be the opposite way round but we'll see I guess. :ROFLMAO:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm a weird size as it is. I have narrow shoulders, skinny arms & chest and a fat stomach. Essentially I need medium on the top half of the shirt and large at the bottom half. Athletic fit tends to be the opposite way round but we'll see I guess. :ROFLMAO:
If I were to describe the newest of the tops, I'd say they are "chest tight", possibly to enhance the pecs/guns (not that I have either). and they are a little looser around the midriff... BUT, when I say looser, it's marginal and my small paunch is starting to show in them o_O

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I were to describe the newest of the tops, I'd say they are "chest tight", possibly to enhance the pecs/guns (not that I have either). and they are a little looser around the midriff... BUT, when I say looser, it's marginal and my small paunch is starting to show in them o_O
I've gone for it and ordered a medium. It's a fine line with golf jackets, I don't want it too baggy because the excess material gets in the way then, particularly with the sleeves and such. So as long as I can get the medium on and the material has plenty of stretch it should be fine.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've gone for it and ordered a medium. It's a fine line with golf jackets, I don't want it too baggy because the excess material gets in the way then, particularly with the sleeves and such. So as long as I can get the medium on and the material has plenty of stretch it should be fine.

This is the most recent I bought and it's definitely a little tighter around the chest/shoulders. Not so tight that I can't get a polo/base layer underneath (a sweater underneath might be a bit warm!) and also not so tight that it interferes with my swing.

The sizing on the inner label for mine says M 38-40", not sure where GB have taken their size info from.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

This is the most recent I bought and it's definitely a little tighter around the chest/shoulders. Not so tight that I can't get a polo/base layer underneath (a sweater underneath might be a bit warm!) and also not so tight that it interferes with my swing.

The sizing on the inner label for mine says M 38-40", not sure where GB have taken their size info from.
I'm never sure what it means when it isn't a specific number either. 38 would be too small but 40 is ok. 40-42 would probably be ideal which is why I wasn't sure, since the L is 42-44. 44 would probably be too baggy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I looked at these a little while ago. The advice I was given at the time was to go half a size up. If you are a solid medium, maybe go up to large. If you are M/L then definitely go L etc. The posts here today seem to confirm this.

Do you think FJ have looked at many amateur golfers? Athletic fit? Comfort fit FJ, comfort fit :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I looked at these a little while ago. The advice I was given at the time was to go half a size up. If you are a solid medium, maybe go up to large. If you are M/L then definitely go L etc. The posts here today seem to confirm this.

Do you think FJ have looked at many amateur golfers? Athletic fit? Comfort fit FJ, comfort fit :ROFLMAO:
Oops. Oh well, Golfbidder didn't have the one I wanted in large anyway so if it's no good I'll have to buy from somewhere else.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've found (as I wear eccos most of the summer now) that for shoe sizes it's best to refer to the European number (45 for me) which in ECCO is a "uk 11" but most other shoe is a "uk 10"

So I've found taking a pair of shoes that fit me nicely and noting the European size then shop using that works best

On a side note don't mention your blooming feet! Have you learnt nothing 🤣
I'm not sure how my shoe size is meant to help me order a jacket?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As @Lord Tyrion called it, the medium was doable but a bit tight to get on whereas the large fits nicely so that's the one I'll be keeping. It does look like the material will be very prone to creasing in the bag though.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
As @Lord Tyrion called it, the medium was doable but a bit tight to get on whereas the large fits nicely so that's the one I'll be keeping. It does look like the material will be very prone to creasing in the bag though.
Can’t say I’ve noticed mine creasing.

You could always roll it up and put it in your bag.