Ecco sizing - accurate or go smaller?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thinking about ordering some Ecco shoes (Biom H5 Boa) and I just wanted to know from others whether they are true to size or come up smaller? I'm normally a size 10 but with FJ and Skechers for example I have to go 9.5 usually or they're really loose. What are people's experiences with Ecco? Cheers.

(Obviously I can just exchange if they're wrong but would rather get it right first time and save on extra postage.)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have some Ecco street shoes and they are sized pretty accurately. I find it more reliable to go with the EU sizing which has more sizing steps and therefore less rounding up or down which is sometimes the cause of sizing variability.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have some Ecco street shoes and they are sized pretty accurately. I find it more reliable to go with the EU sizing which has more sizing steps and therefore less rounding up or down which is sometimes the cause of sizing variability.
They are listed by EU sizes on Snainton which is where I'm looking - it says 43 = 9/9.5, or 44 = 10.
Funnily enough, on Clubhouse they have it listed differently for the same shoe. They say 43 is 9, and 44 is 9.5/10. Which leads me to think the 44 will be best.

Jason.H

Visit site
I,m an 8.5 wide in Adidas golf shoes. 8/8.5 in Ecco are way too small and 9/9.5 in Ecco are perfect width but way too long so i had to send them back free returns through Ecco. Shame for me as I like there designs but no option for me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Ecco sizing in most models - I've had quite a few over the years - is pretty much the same as Footjoy. Both seem fine for my size 9.
My preferred model - molded studded Biom - does come slightly small though. Snug but super comfy once on.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Buying Footjoy and Ecco for years. Definitely dont go smaller with the Ecco. If anything you need to round up. Am 8.5 footjoy. The 43 Ecco fit well. The 42, which they call 8/8.5 is too small.
Some Ecco have a removable wide/standard fit insert which gives a bit of scope.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've had a couple of pairs of Ecco, Biom and Tour Brogues. I've found them to be a little too snug and a half size bigger works.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a few pairs and all have fitted well and could be worn straight from the box. Though the gortex ones did come up a bit smaller. Mine are all the older styles though

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Buying Footjoy and Ecco for years. Definitely dont go smaller with the Ecco. If anything you need to round up. Am 8.5 footjoy. The 43 Ecco fit well. The 42, which they call 8/8.5 is too small.
Some Ecco have a removable wide/standard fit insert which gives a bit of scope.

I'm 8.5 in all shoes. Wore 8.5 footjoy for years. Went on an FJ fitting day (from the forum) and guy said I should be wearing 8 in footjoy. So have been since!

What am in in Ecco??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm 8.5 in all shoes. Wore 8.5 footjoy for years. Went on an FJ fitting day (from the forum) and guy said I should be wearing 8 in footjoy. So have been since!

What am in in Ecco??
I ordered size 44 for my Ecco's, which Snainton reckoned was equivalent to UK10. I could have gone 43, but the 44 is fine, just a fraction on the roomy side, whereas 43 would have been on the snug side. Room for an extra pair of socks in winter anyway. :p

My Footjoy Flex Coastals I had to go for UK9 as the 9.5 was a bit loose. I believe that makes it a Euro 43. I have mentioned before that FJ always come up big for me and I have to go down a size but nobody ever agrees on that which I find odd, ha. Maybe they're just naturally wider so they feel bigger.

I find UK sizes so inconsistent across different brands that I look at the Euro size nowadays. I'm somewhere between 43 and 44.

sunshine

Visit site
I have size 43 Ecco shoes. There is no UK size specified but personally I would say that is UK size 8.5.
The labels on my other golf shoes are Nike size 44 / UK 9 and Adidas size 43.5 / UK 9, which supports that view to some extent.
I've never had FJ shoes but when I've tried them on in shops I always feel they come up big and a size 8 fits best.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I have size 43 Ecco shoes. There is no UK size specified but personally I would say that is UK size 8.5.
That could be why my 43 Bioms feel snug, as i'm a 9 elsewhere. The couple of size 43 World Class Eccos I've had have fitted fine though, if a smidgeon wide for my narrow feet.