First Game Back After Lockdown - Goals

Golfnut1957

Visit site
First game will be on Good Friday, last played on New Year's Day so hoping that I manage to make the first drive and that the old legs will get me round eighteen holes!
I've spent the last couple of months pushing my twin 2 yr old grandsons miles around the town three days a week, 18 holes should be a cake walk.

D

Deleted member 3432

Not to get soaked...

Weather forecast is 40 mph plus wind and heavy rain so unlikely to attain that goal :ROFLMAO:

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I managed a single round of golf last year and I haven't swung a club since July. If I break 100 I'll be happy.

I managed to get a tee time at Heaton Park on Tuesday afternoon with a mate. My main aim is to not hold everybody up as it's fully booked around us.

I'll also be glad if I can manage the full 18. Heaton Park, although short, is very hilly and the climb to the green on some of the holes is a killer.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m sure most of us will be killing two birds with one stone - playing golf and seeing mates for the first time in three months. As such, I’m surprised anyone is setting themselves targets.

Me? I’m just going to enjoy being back out there. Couldn’t care less how I hit it or score.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's a pretty good target - remember to stretch properly after three months of mainly sitting down.
Yep. I wasn't joking. I'm pretty fit, but I'm 56 years old and have a dodgy back. I've done no golf related exercise for 3 months, just cycling and a bit of running.
I'm most worried about hips, funnily enough, I don't do any rotation or stretching of them except when swinging a club.
Frankly, I'm several accidents waiting to happen.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My goals are simple

1st game see if the new driver shaft works for me and see if the new to me irons work for me.

2nd game see if the new driver shafts works with the new head

Scores will be totally irrelevant

3rd game win the medal and get my handicap back down.:ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Im playing Thursday and will have a new driver, 5 wood, wedges and shoes, which will be fun.

So, I'll aim to hit a few balls at the range and a bit of a chip before going out. However, I'll probably set off late and jump straight onto the 1st tee and hope for the best.

My goal is to continue how I was playing before lockdown. By that I mean plotting my way around the course effectively and managing where I miss. Ideally I'd like to shoot under 85.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Have managed to get a tee time for next Tuesday morning (Monday completely booked up within seconds, unsurprisingly), so I was jus tthinking what a realistic gola for the round would be, and besides just being glad to be out on the course again, and enjoying the fresh air, mine is to get round without running out of balls.

What are yours?

Trying to find the motivation to book a tee time would be a start. Really not interested at the moment.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I managed a single round of golf last year and I haven't swung a club since July. If I break 100 I'll be happy.

I managed to get a tee time at Heaton Park on Tuesday afternoon with a mate. My main aim is to not hold everybody up as it's fully booked around us.

I'll also be glad if I can manage the full 18. Heaton Park, although short, is very hilly and the climb to the green on some of the holes is a killer.

We've our first Swingers Club major there on the 3rd April. Not played it since about June and I've improved a fair bit since then.

3 months off is likely to be a leveller though

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Playing 9 after work on Monday, no expectations, just going to enjoy it and see what swing comes out.

Will look to play 18 on Friday, then I'll be in full on birdie mode ?

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We've our first Swingers Club major there on the 3rd April. Not played it since about June and I've improved a fair bit since then.

3 months off is likely to be a leveller though

It's definitely improved a lot over the past few years. It went through a rough patch before being taken over but they've done a brilliant job with the course conditions and clubhouse.

It looks like they've cut down a lot of the trees and bushes in the ravines on the 11th and 15th to make it easier, which is a bit annoying. I enjoyed the challenge.

I hope swinger's club is named after the golf and not the social activities outside of it ?

Last edited: