First Game Back After Lockdown - Goals

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Have managed to get a tee time for next Tuesday morning (Monday completely booked up within seconds, unsurprisingly), so I was jus tthinking what a realistic gola for the round would be, and besides just being glad to be out on the course again, and enjoying the fresh air, mine is to get round without running out of balls.

What are yours?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Question is - how many balls are you taking? Because its cheating if you take more than 10 :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, if I break 100 on my first round back, ill be made up! Give it 2 weeks and I expect to be back in the low 90's again!

Only playing 9 holes Monday-Wednesday, first full 18 is Thursday so a few days to get loose first!

D

Deleted member 21258

Get there before the tee time and hope the body doesnt break on the way round.:ROFLMAO:

Cant wait, really cant.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Question is - how many balls are you taking? Because its cheating if you take more than 10 :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, if I break 100 on my first round back, ill be made up! Give it 2 weeks and I expect to be back in the low 90's again!

Only playing 9 holes Monday-Wednesday, first full 18 is Thursday so a few days to get loose first!
I have 7 in my bag currently. Seriously contemplating adding a sleeve or 2 more though :p

Golfnut1957

Visit site
First round next Tuesday. Goals/expectations?

I've been hitting balls for weeks now on a field close by, not too many as just about every single one plugs on landing making it an extremely frustrating experience, but at least the swing won't be as rusty.

I started off striking the ball quite well but followed up with a dose of the shanks, tops and then final some decent ball striking. I expect that aspect of my game to be fairly solid along with chipping which I have also be practising.

Putting is always a lottery, so that leaves driving as the key to making a successful transition back to where I was pre-lockdown and in that respect I have more hope than expectation.

My Prediction is high 70s low 80s

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First game will be on Good Friday, last played on New Year's Day so hoping that I manage to make the first drive and that the old legs will get me round eighteen holes!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As long as I don't top my opening tee shot into the ladies tee box I don't mind how I play ?
My hope off 1st is similar - that anyone on the putting green adjacent and to the right of the 1st tee doesn't have to duck on my shout of Fore! My expectation is that I'll smash it 240yds up the middle - narrowly avoiding the newly rebuilt and extended fairway bunker...:)

Last edited:

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To charge round the course as fast as possible, moan about pace of play and push through as many groups as possible. Golf after all is a chore and we should strive to get a round out of the way as quick as possible. :LOL: