Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Joker 2. Nowhere near as bad as the reviews have made out. The singing is a bit pointless, but quite entertaining.

Good story, and a good ending, solid 7/10

(That said, the woman behind me said it was the worst film she had ever seen in her life😀)
You should have asked her if she had seen Charlie's Angels, Mama Mia 2, The Eternals. If she thought it was worse than all of those.........they are my benchmark 😄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Joker 2. Nowhere near as bad as the reviews have made out. The singing is a bit pointless, but quite entertaining.

Good story, and a good ending, solid 7/10

(That said, the woman behind me said it was the worst film she had ever seen in her life😀)

Really that high? A solid 6 points above what I would give it. Terrible ending trying to dare link into Nolans universe.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Really that high? A solid 6 points above what I would give it. Terrible ending trying to dare link into Nolans universe.
I went with very low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. Both leads were very good (although JP can’t sing to save his life).

I liked the ending, it was totally unexpected, a real wtf moment.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went with very low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. Both leads were very good (although JP can’t sing to save his life).

I liked the ending, it was totally unexpected, a real wtf moment.

Don't get me wrong the leads acting was brilliant however they were let down by a very poor script

First one was a piece of art

Then this was 2 hours talking about the actions of the first that's it

Even when it looked like it was going to get going it just ended

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Recorded Bullitt tonight to watch again for the nth time - when my wife is away for Saturday night!

Hope that our young dog enjoys it as much as I do and isn't too upset when she isn't here. :D

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Watched Threads on BBC i player as I missed it when it was broadcast last week (for only the second or 3rd time in the UK i believe).

Dated, being made in the 80's, but one of the most harrowing films I have ever seen (about the impact of a nuclear strike on England for those unfamiliar with the plot).

The statistics intermingled within the film regarding deaths etc were shocking, suggesting the population would revert to medieval levels and take decades to recover, along with rebuilding any form of infrastructure.

Worryingly, given the current middle eastern scenario, it was based on a fictitious conflict in Iran which escalated between the US & Russia.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Watched Threads on BBC i player as I missed it when it was broadcast last week (for only the second or 3rd time in the UK i believe).

Dated, being made in the 80's, but one of the most harrowing films I have ever seen (about the impact of a nuclear strike on England for those unfamiliar with the plot).

The statistics intermingled within the film regarding deaths etc were shocking, suggesting the population would revert to medieval levels and take decades to recover, along with rebuilding any form of infrastructure.

Worryingly, given the current middle eastern scenario, it was based on a fictitious conflict in Iran which escalated between the US & Russia.
Try "The War Game" from 1966. Considered to be too harrowing (realistic) for the time for broadcasting on TV. They made some gritty films back in the 60's before the censors strangled them.