Films

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our local Cineworld was showing Superman The Movie over the weekend, as it's the 45th anniversary - saw it last night.
So good and forgot some of the big names that were in it. So sad seeing Christopher Reeve as he was though, remembering that he's been gone for some time :cry:
Being of a certain age, I was trying to remember if I saw it when it was released but don't think I did (I would have been 8).
Also saw the Dungeons & Dragons film as well - I've never played the game, so don't know if any of the characters are from that. Thought it was pretty good though.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Our local Cineworld was showing Superman The Movie over the weekend, as it's the 45th anniversary - saw it last night.
So good and forgot some of the big names that were in it. So sad seeing Christopher Reeve as he was though, remembering that he's been gone for some time :cry:
Being of a certain age, I was trying to remember if I saw it when it was released but don't think I did (I would have been 8).
Also saw the Dungeons & Dragons film as well - I've never played the game, so don't know if any of the characters are from that. Thought it was pretty good though.

I used to live next to Pinewood Studios when I was a kid and it was being filmed. Used to see Christopher Reeve hanging from the giant crane they had out back to film flying sequences on. That film will always have a special place with me, as will the Roger Moore James Bond films that were filmed there when I was a kid.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I used to live next to Pinewood Studios when I was a kid and it was being filmed. Used to see Christopher Reeve hanging from the giant crane they had out back to film flying sequences on. That film will always have a special place with me, as will the Roger Moore James Bond films that were filmed there when I was a kid.

I lived not far down the road at Denham and Harefield. We used to go for walks in Black Park most weekends and were always walking around by the studios. Got surprised one day when a load of blokes “jumped” us with bows and arrows, turns out we’d wandered into the middle of a Robin Hood shoot (no idea which one).

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Nobody…. Been wanting to watch for a while, turned up on Netflix yesterday. Enjoyed it very much. The fight seems are more realistic than John Wick, ie people not jumping back up instantly to carry on after they’ve had their arm broken or face smashed. Bob Odenkirk is surprisingly good as the auditor but Christopher Lloyd as his dad kind of steals the show.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I lived not far down the road at Denham and Harefield. We used to go for walks in Black Park most weekends and were always walking around by the studios. Got surprised one day when a load of blokes “jumped” us with bows and arrows, turns out we’d wandered into the middle of a Robin Hood shoot (no idea which one).

I was just round the corner from Black Park between Fulmer and Ivor Heath

IanMcC

Visit site
The Good Nurse on Netflix. Performance acting at its best from Chastain and Redmayne, and a great adaptation of a true story to boot. A must see.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to see 'Night of the 12th' - a French police procedural and loosely based on a real case. Found it intriguing and rather gripping throughout. Well acted & well shot too. In French with subtitles but none the worse for that (I actually quite like subtitles ...)

Went at a rather early time and it was showing in the smallest screen of the cinema - first time ever that me & Mrs B found ourselves to be the only people in there. Quite nice really.