Films

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our daughter watched Avatar at school before Christmas. She now wants to go to the cinema tomorrow to watch the sequel. Just seen that’s it 3+ hours. With the reclining chairs, I’m almost certain to fall asleep if I have to sit for that long. Has anyone watched it yet?
We saw it just after Christmas - well worth seeing at the cinema in 3D and it actually went quite quickly

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m just not a Batman fan, I guess. To me, it was like most of the others I’ve seen.

Ah see I'm a massive fan

Yes it's the usual villians but the more detective side of batman rather than just fight and gadgets

I mean filming everything and logging it

Working out what's going on

My fav was the dark tunnel where he could only be seen when a shot was fired ... (That was filmed purely on gunfire .. very cleverly done no lighting)

Robert Patterson was an excellent casting and Colin farrel as the penguin, so Interesting

Lots of potienal

DC know make a batman movie and it sells unlike the rest of their stuff these days

Altho im excited for The flash as we get 2 batman's.. batflecks last outing and the return of Micheal Keaton as batman!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
What was wrong with it? I found it a true to the comics depiction of the Bateman year one comic

Very gritty, well acted and back to being "the great detective"

For me, the story was good and the filming was as gritty and dark as a Batman film should be.

BUT… Pattinson makes a decent enough Batman, conversely he makes a terrible Bruce Wayne.

Wayne is meant to be a billionaire playboy, a little bit arrogant and the, almost, flip opposite of Batman. Pattinson had him as a snivelling loner Emo. Just wrong IMO.

Second BUT… Zoe Kravitz though…

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me, the story was good and the filming was as gritty and dark as a Batman film should be.

BUT… Pattinson makes a decent enough Batman, conversely he makes a terrible Bruce Wayne.

Wayne is meant to be a billionaire playboy, a little bit arrogant and the, almost, flip opposite of Batman. Pattinson had him as a snivelling loner Emo. Just wrong IMO.

Agree with pretty much all that, I think Wayne will be developed a bit in the next one. Well I hope

Look at the dark knight trilogy he had to learn to be a playboy they just did it in one film

Certainly won me over

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with pretty much all that, I think Wayne will be developed a bit in the next one. Well I hope

Look at the dark knight trilogy he had to learn to be a playboy they just did it in one film

Certainly won me over

Nah, Bale nailed the arrogance of Wayne from the off for me. His character development was to draw him back in to humility over the course of the trilogy.

I'm not sure Pattinson has it in him to play the part of playboy but, like you, I certainly hope they develop the Wayne side as I agree that the Batman/detective side was nailed on pretty well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it was spot on for the stage in Batman's development. Early years stuff it was all about vengeance with no appreciation that he needed to maintain and develop the Wayne cover. Loved the film and cannot wait to see how they develop the Joker from the end. That could be creepy and nasty, none of the comic touches usually applied

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Watched Avatar last night. Enjoyed the film, however 3D IMAX. What’s that all about. I was given 2 pairs of black Ray Charles glasses. One pair clipped over my varifocals, the screen was Hazy. I tried my varifocals only, Hazy. The Ray Charles glasses on there own, Hazy. I was proper bogged off. After 3 hours and back ache the film finished and My Tourettes kicked in with me telling Missis T saying what a waste of sodding time and money. She said try the Ray Charles glasses over your prescription glasses. Sodding perfect. Bloody film had finished by then.

Edit to say, one of the trailers showed Tom Cruise doing a clip for mission impossible riding a motorbike off a cliff in Norway then opening a parachute. Sweet mother the guy is a nutcase.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Exactly this! He had none of the charm, just came off like a creep. I'm just hoping they've set it up with him in his depressive phase and will come out of his shell more in the next movie.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bruno vs Tyson.

Enjoyed watching it as it brought back a lot of memories, but thought the basic premise was a bit naff - the fights were probably the defining moments of Bruno's career, but he was just another fighter to Tyson.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bruno vs Tyson.

Enjoyed watching it as it brought back a lot of memories, but thought the basic premise was a bit naff - the fights were probably the defining moments of Bruno's career, but he was just another fighter to Tyson.

I remember watching the fight and Bruno had seriously Rocked Tyson, it was probably the first time Tysons legs had gone. At that point he should have gone in throwing everything and the kitchen sink to finish off Tyson. But Bruno looked shocked and stood off. That was his chance of boxing immortality gone. Saw a programme last year where Bruno went and met Tyson. They had massive respect for one another. Lovely to see.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I remember watching the fight and Bruno had seriously Rocked Tyson, it was probably the first time Tysons legs had gone. At that point he should have gone in throwing everything and the kitchen sink to finish off Tyson. But Bruno looked shocked and stood off. That was his chance of boxing immortality gone. Saw a programme last year where Bruno went and met Tyson. They had massive respect for one another. Lovely to see.

This might have been the same thing as it ended up with bruno going to meet Tyson in the States.

IIRC Tyson's next fight after the first Bruno one was Buster Douglas. He was there for the taking given his lifestyle.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched 'How it Ends' last couple of nights

Good watch but it never answers the question that will be on everybody's mind

How did it Start