Films

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The Banshees of inisheren. Is it really that good, watched the first 15 minutes and it just killed me. So we turned it off. Is it one you have to stick with or what.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Banshees of inisheren. Is it really that good, watched the first 15 minutes and it just killed me. So we turned it off. Is it one you have to stick with or what.

Best film I’ve seen in a long time but I do like black comedies, specially those where it’s more of an examination of the person/persons. Hate crash bang wallop, car chase, shootout films, they bore the life out of me.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The Plane, new Gérard Butler film. Not the glossy, by numbers, film I was expecting. Quite raw and brutal. The flight scenes are very nervy, very well filmed. A good watch.
That’s one I have my eye on when I saw a trailer at the pictures. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've seen a very mixed bag of opinions on it. For me and the wife, we don't really like extremely depressing films, so she didn't enjoy it at all, and while I appreciated some of the dialogue and performances (particularly from Barry Keoghan who was the star of the film in my opinion), I found it too bleak to say I enjoyed it overall. I wouldn't watch again, put it that way. And I absolutely loved In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, where it was more comedy and slightly less darkness.

Couple of my mates thought it was incredible though. They obviously don't mind a film that makes them terribly sad. ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to see 'Till' - fact based drama on the life & murder of 14year old Emmett Till in America's deep south, and his mother's (Mamie) campaign for justice. Racism today is bad enough, but it's horrifying to know that such vicious racial hatred existed within our own lifetime. And frequently went unpunished. By no means a jolly, feelgood film, but well produced and definitely worth a watch.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Went to see 'Till' - fact based drama on the life & murder of 14year old Emmett Till in America's deep south, and his mother's (Mamie) campaign for justice. Racism today is bad enough, but it's horrifying to know that such vicious racial hatred existed within our own lifetime. And frequently went unpunished. By no means a jolly, feelgood film, but well produced and definitely worth a watch.
Missis T loved this film. ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Pale Blue Eye, Christian Bale film on Netflix. Very much a slow burner but very decent. A Netflix film without explosions or car chases ?. Biggest surprise, Dudley Dursley in a starring role, very good he is too.

Really enjoyed this. Great cast as well. Was a bit surprised the reviews were a bit meh. Glad I never read them before watching.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wakanda Forever. Actually pretty good, best Marvel film in a while. That says, it tells a story that I am a massive comic book fan and Marvel films have become something I wait for on Disney plus rather than get me to the cinema like they used to.