Films

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Watched Fantastic Beasts Secrets of Dumbledore last night. Fell asleep for over an hour in the middle, woke up and watched the last hour, (it didn’t feel like I missed anything important) pretty dull stuff… and too long.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our daughter watched Avatar at school before Christmas. She now wants to go to the cinema tomorrow to watch the sequel. Just seen that’s it 3+ hours. With the reclining chairs, I’m almost certain to fall asleep if I have to sit for that long. Has anyone watched it yet?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched to very emotional films this week which show the dark side of WWII and occupation by Germany of Holland and Denmark

Bombardment (The RAF hitting the wrong target causing the deaths of loads of children)

and

The Forgotten Battle (brings home the harshness/horror of battle (reminded me of the beach scenes in The Longest Day)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I watched to very emotional films this week which show the dark side of WWII and occupation by Germany of Holland and Denmark

Bombardment (The RAF hitting the wrong target causing the deaths of loads of children)

and

The Forgotten Battle (brings home the harshness/horror of battle (reminded me of the beach scenes in The Longest Day)

watched bombardment and ended up googling the story, it just seemed the storyline was to horrific and Hollywood. Unfortunately it was very true to form. What i found Jim was that film and “ all quiet on the western front“. Another foreign film was excellent.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
First Knives out. Ok, but felt it was trying too hard and was a bit easy to see what was going on.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Watched Glass Onion on Netflix, I hadn’t seen “Knives” but my carer had, ….. she fell asleep 2/3 of the way through.

Interesting film and a good cast, but I found it difficult to follow all the twists

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everything Everywhere All At Once…I can see why people struggle with it but I thought it was fantastic. Best film I’ve seen in a long while.
We also watched it last night. A bit mind blowing, 20-30 minutes too long, but still very good. It doesn't beat Bullet Train or Elvis for my most recent favourites but it is up there. Good and also very different.

Loved the raccoon parts, surreal and ridiculous ?

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched Glass Onion on Netflix, I hadn’t seen “Knives” but my carer had, ….. she fell asleep 2/3 of the way through.

Interesting film and a good cast, but I found it difficult to follow all the twists
We watched Knives Out last night. A bit of fun. Enjoyed the characters, and ‘loved’ Blanc’s accent…well, after all, Poirot’s was somewhat ‘curious’ also.

MACM85

Visit site
Really? We found it a hard watch. Certainly wouldn't put myself through it again.

I was in the same boat. Waiting for something to happen or for it to kick up a notch. Seemed like a wasted 2hrs. I even watched it with my Mrs who is Irish and she didn't get the point of it either! haha