Films

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood

We switched on the tv at 9pm and that just stated on one of the channels. With Tom Hanks, that’s why we left it on.
At this point we are wondering if we would still have it on if instead of Tom Hanks there would be someone unknown but equally as good.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Normally I can find something in a film but it was so bad

IMDb has it at 5.2 out of 10 which isn't a good sign from the start but my goodness I didn't expect that
Yeah the live action films have not been as good, but in the main have still been an ok watch. We’ll look for something else though if Pinocchio is as bad as you say.

Oneil88

Visit site
IMDb has it at 5.2 out of 10 which isn't a good sign from the start but my goodness I didn't expect that
It's still inflated a bit, not going to be surprised if it drops down to 4-ish(basically straight on DVD movies, like most of current Bruce Willis stuff). It was unbearable to watch

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
See How They Run. I wanted to like it more, best bits are in the trailer and the rest doesn't quite live up to them. Still decent though and a nice antidote to current times.

A good Meerkat sort of film, 2 for 1 ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan. Amazon Prime.

Film based on true events in the Vietnam war, small bunch of Australian and NZ soldiers holding off a greater number of enemy forces. Not bad.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shang Chi on Disney+ was ok but nothing amazing. Felt quite silly in places which seems to be the way in more recent Marvel films.

I agree, going cosmic and multiverse has ust brought about some of the worst exceses of the comics and some of the reasons why their popularity plummeted pre the MCU. Seems and odd thing to say about OTT superhero films but they are at thier best when they are grounded like the earlier Iron Man and Captain America films and on to the the Daredevil Netlix show. Shang Chi was alright for the first hour until it went full on CGI and dragons. Will be glad when phase 4 is over and hope for a bit of a reset after that. Not sure that i have really enjoyed any of the phase 4 films. Just seen the latest Thor film on Disney plus and that is awful and I even thought Spiderman No Way Home was only OK but lost all of the high school comedy charm of the first film (Into the Spiderverse is still the best Spiderman film even though it is animated).

Marvel are going to have a struggle on their hands. None of the current range of characters are as popular or interesting as the orignal Avengers and they are now getting bogged down in lore with people having to have seen multiple films and TV series to get the most out of the latest releases. With other classiic characters like the Xmen and Fantastic Four still a long way off, I can see the Marvel bubble, if not bursting then certainly deflating a bit over the next few years.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Maverick

It’s ok, best bits are the callbacks. Happy to have upgraded the TV last month, maybe it should have been a big screen experience to make it the marvel everyone seems to say it is.