Films

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Was going to watch The Midnight Sky but I read so many poor reviews I haven't yet. If you're watching it again one assumes it's pretty good in your view??

It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. About a 6/10. I won’t say why as I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. There are not many new films about at the moment so give it a go.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finding anything decent and appealing that i haven't seen is hard - and one that the Mrs will waitch makes it harder still

Found this one last night on Amazon - Unlocked with Naomi Rapace, who i think is one of the best actresses out there. get's a 6.3 on IMDB but i would give it a 7 and is well worth a watch in this TV/Film starved dystopian wilderness!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1734493/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

U

User62651

Last night home alone
Tonight home alone 2

Merry Christmas you filthy animals

Best line for me is on the plane with Uncle Frank attempting to comfort a distraught mother who forgot her son - "if it's any consolation I forgot my reading glasses". ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Best line for me is on the plane with Uncle Frank attempting to comfort a distraught mother who forgot her son - "if it's any consolation I forgot my reading glasses". ?

The whole film is intriguing

Watching as an adult you wonder would Kevin be done for murder because he encouraged them in and then they would have died lol

Also the back story

10 million dollar budget by Warner brothers . Ended up moving to 20th century fox when the budget rose and rose (18 in end)

Box off 477 million!!

Whoops

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was going to watch The Midnight Sky but I read so many poor reviews I haven't yet. If you're watching it again one assumes it's pretty good in your view??
I thought it was really good. But it really does depend on what you want from a sci-fi. Explosions, drama, Hollywood script and ending, or something relatively simple. If the latter, then fine. Some will find it boring, akin to Ad Astra, which I liked too.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Octopus Teacher on Netflix - not a usual Christmas blockbuster, if you fancy something different I enjoyed it

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought it was really good. But it really does depend on what you want from a sci-fi. Explosions, drama, Hollywood script and ending, or something relatively simple. If the latter, then fine. Some will find it boring, akin to Ad Astra, which I liked too.

Just finished watching it, we really enjoyed it as well. I'm not really a fan of Michael Bay esque crash bang wallop films, The Midnight Sky was right up my street though ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched Happy Death Day, a sort of tongue-in-cheek horror comedy, bit of a Groundhog Day rip off except it's a girl who gets murdered every time then wakes up repeating the same day. It was pretty entertaining if you overlook the gaping plot holes that cropped up from time to time.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A couple daft but OK comedies, neither brilliant, both a bit cliched but both made us chuckle in parts.

Eurotrip - Teenage guy joins friends on trip to Europe to find his German pen pal.

Hall Pass - Owen Wilson & Jason Sudekis as two blokes given a week off from their respective marriages to do whatever they want.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Downfall. It’s been on my sky box for ages and finally sat down to watch it today
A thoroughly enjoyable film given its subject

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The Rhythm Section. Bereaved woman sinks into drug addiction when her family are killed in an accident. When she finds out it was not an accident, she undertakes a quick Special Forces course whilst recovering from her addiction & sets out to kill those responsible.

Yes, it was as ridiculous as that précis sounds. Find something better to do with 2 hours of your life.