Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saturday night...Dunkirk, excellent film, better than 1917 imo.

Sunday night...Deadpool 2, not as good as the first one but still a decent watch.
When I first saw Deadpool 2 in the cinema I felt really disappointed coming out afterwards. My expectations were so high, I loved the first one, that it was always going to struggle to match it. A while later I watched it on tv and started to appreciate it much more. Expectations lowered, I just sat back and enjoyed it. One will always be the best but 2 improves with every watch for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Notting Hill this afternoon - again. How can I still blub at "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her" when I've seen it so many times :cry::love::cry::love:

Simply brilliant film.
The only decent thing about that film was Rhys Ifans' character. He was funny. Without him the film would have been trash. :LOL:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I first saw Deadpool 2 in the cinema I felt really disappointed coming out afterwards. My expectations were so high, I loved the first one, that it was always going to struggle to match it. A while later I watched it on tv and started to appreciate it much more. Expectations lowered, I just sat back and enjoyed it. One will always be the best but 2 improves with every watch for me.

I'm not really a super hero, Marvel type of guy so this one seemed a bit different, watchable if you will ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We Watched Military Wives Choir the other night.......happy/sad/interesting
We could not believe how close KST's part was to someone we know, so we did have a jolly good extra laugh as well

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I eventually got around to watching Joker the other night. Excellent film. I really enjoyed the storyline and the acting. Very dark but you could understand that. It gives you a good option of a background to the character that is Joker.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I eventually got around to watching Joker the other night. Excellent film. I really enjoyed the storyline and the acting. Very dark but you could understand that. It gives you a good option of a background to the character that is Joker.

Well put, I like that it is a film with an unreliable narrator. it could be exaggerated, it could all be total fiction but that is how it should be for the Joker, there was never meant to be a definitive backstory.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ghosts of War on Netflix. Much better than anticipated as horror isn't a genre I watch often but WWII films I do like.
5 US soldiers ordered to relieve and then hold a chateau in rural France. Strange things happen!
Solid 7/10 and won't say any more wrt spoilers.
Started watching this last night and plenty of little jump moments in first 30mins - but my wife isn’t a fan of horror so I had to press pause and restart when I can. Like you not a fan of the genre but I’ll finish this one.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love Sarah. Simple but a great watch. I'm so tired of films trying to be all artistic and deep - get a good script, good actors and tell the story!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
1917, mmmmm. Take away the clever camera work and you are left with a run of the mill ww1 film. Very bitty, I struggled to really be grabbed by it. It would have been improved by not being so clever, giving scale to the scenes, more characterisation. Disappointing.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
1917, mmmmm. Take away the clever camera work and you are left with a run of the mill ww1 film. Very bitty, I struggled to really be grabbed by it. It would have been improved by not being so clever, giving scale to the scenes, more characterisation. Disappointing.

I've said it before but I think the way the film keeps the two main characters in shot all the time limits the complexity of the plot. And it did have some mystifying moments.

Mandofred

Visit site
Had Sicario saved for quite a while and watched it last night. I was afraid it would likely break my "feel good" rule.....it did. Good movie, but I wouldn't watch it again. Dang can Emily Blunt do a great US accent. My wife wants her to burn in he** for her Mary Poppins though....:eek:

D

Deleted member 1147

Sean Connery’s best film on beeb 2 now - The Hill

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched Krampus last night, a kind of Christmas themed light 'horror' movie. Or it marketed itself as a horror comedy but it wasn't funny really. It had a good cast but it was utter codswallop to be honest. Waste of an hour and a half.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed with both on Captain Marvel. Having spent years introducing all these different characters with their own niche abilities, they then give us one who renders them all redundant - then have to make a flimsy excuse as to why she is almost completely absent from battling Thanos. Should have just left her out of it. I don't even think she had much personality to speak of. And THEN they ruined her hair as well!

Did you know her hair was CGI throughout?