Films

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I never particularly enjoyed the Green Mile and wouldn't watch again even though it was a time ago. But Shawshank - is a masterpiece - simply brilliant film. Do yourself a favour, watch it!

I'm polar opposite, think The Green Mile is an excellent film, seen it a couple of times, whereas Shawshank doesn't really float the boat for me. Seen it once and not really interested enough to watch it again.

Mandofred

Visit site
Green Mile and Shawshank were both good...preferred Shawshank, only because I like to end the film feeling good. My general rule....don't watch the movie unless it makes you feel better. But then again, there are some people who like being whipped to feel better......:)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting to see what Sky do for Christmas film releases this year. Normally they have a stack of massive releases in the build up to and over the Xmas period. Problem is that they are normally the big cinema releases from the last 3-6 months and, of course, there have been no big cinema releases over the last 3-6 months and those that were released will want to rake a bit of Xmas cash in from DVD sales before going on to streaming channels.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am now up to Avengers - Age of Ultron.
I definitively prefer the Captain America / Ironman centric movies more than the space based ones.
Antman next, not sure what to expect there.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Green Mile and Shawshank were both good...preferred Shawshank, only because I like to end the film feeling good. My general rule....don't watch the movie unless it makes you feel better. But then again, there are some people who like being whipped to feel better......:)

Not necessarily better (don't need to be whipped either ;) ) but to feel something, or to be made to think. Eye in the Sky challenged my views on something I felt strongly about & wouldn't be swayed on; Just Mercy made me angry; The Untouchables makes me feel good; but all the films that would be near the top of my list make me feel something, just not necessarily better.

Mandofred

Visit site
Not necessarily better (don't need to be whipped either ;) ) but to feel something, or to be made to think. Eye in the Sky challenged my views on something I felt strongly about & wouldn't be swayed on; Just Mercy made me angry; The Untouchables makes me feel good; but all the films that would be near the top of my list make me feel something, just not necessarily better.
Nothing wrong with that. That's why there are lots of different types of movies. My favs are all happy feelie action packed ones.....Star Wars, The Mummy, Stardust, UP, the good guy wins. Very limited.....I know....I am a warped person.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am now up to Avengers - Age of Ultron.
I definitively prefer the Captain America / Ironman centric movies more than the space based ones.
Antman next, not sure what to expect there.

Brilliant film. Real change of pace from the rest. Lots of comedy

Best movie is defo Thor Ragnarok

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Doesn't everyone have that in their Top Three? A friend of mine did an amazing podcast on the history of the film - it's on Spotify - The Rewatchables with Bill Simmons.

But how did he get the picture of Raquel Welch back over the hole?
Quite like the rewatchables pod. Of all the contributors i find Chris Ryan the most listenable.
It's certainly a good sidebar to the films themselves.
Simmonds seems to have quite a following in the US, but his ability to incorrectly predict sporting outcomes must make him popular with the bookies.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quite like the rewatchables pod. Of all the contributors i find Chris Ryan the most listenable.
It's certainly a good sidebar to the films themselves.
Simmonds seems to have quite a following in the US, but his ability to incorrectly predict sporting outcomes must make him popular with the bookies.

I worked with Bill and Cousin Sal a few years ago before Bill's "departure" from ESPN for his comments about Roger Goodell. Sal's book on gambling is going to be the book of 2021 when it comes out. And if there is a funnier section out there than "Parent Corner", then I have yet to hear it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Captain America: Civil War
totally unexpected, not really sure who the bad guys are. Enjoyed that one as well.
(I think it might be Thor ruining the other movies for me, bringing to much space stuff along)

Mandofred

Visit site
Captain America: Civil War
totally unexpected, not really sure who the bad guys are. Enjoyed that one as well.
(I think it might be Thor ruining the other movies for me, bringing to much space stuff along)
I haven't been able to watch Civil War....good guys fighting the....good guys? Breaks my feel good rule.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just progressed to that one as Spiderman wasn't on Disney+. Seems a lot more like Gardian of the Galaxy than the other Thor movies.

Spiderman isn't on Disney plus? Ffs lol I thought they had them all. I know there is the Sony rights issue but for crying out loud it's an important movie link

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
They missed Hulk towards the beginning and now Spidy. It doesn't feel like I missed something between Black Panther and Dr. Strange, but maybe once it goes to the Avengers movies there might be a little gap there.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They missed Hulk towards the beginning and now Spidy. It doesn't feel like I missed something between Black Panther and Dr. Strange, but maybe once it goes to the Avengers movies there might be a little gap there.

They should only have 1 hulk movie on there I believe ?

I hope it's there I still never saw that one