Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Top notch film mate, must watch imo.
Well, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. We did not make it to the end. Without giving anything way we reached the point when the family were returning from their camping trip and we agreed to bale out. I struggle when I watch a film with pretty much no redeeming characters. I get the point of the film, see why it won awards etc but it just did not do it for me.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. We did not make it to the end. Without giving anything way we reached the point when the family were returning from their camping trip and we agreed to bale out. I struggle when I watch a film with pretty much no redeeming characters. I get the point of the film, see why it won awards etc but it just did not do it for me.
That surprises me, i thought it was the best film i saw last year and one that kept me engaged all the way through.....then if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rebecca (2020) on Netflix. Soulless and completely lacking the atmosphere Du Maurier wrote. If you've seen the Fontaine/Olivier version from 1940 don't bother unless you are a Kristin Scott Thomas fan (she's good as Mrs Danvers and that's it). If you like the book (and even if you haven't read it) and not seen the 1940 version then you should watch it :)

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That surprises me, i thought it was the best film i saw last year and one that kept me engaged all the way through.....then if we all liked the same things the world would be a boring place
I need someone to root for in a film, or TV for that matter. There was no one in the film that I could feel empathy for. I know the poor family should have received that but they were just horrible. If I don't care about anyone in the film then it doesn't engage me.

As I said, I do understand the plaudits. It isn't one of those where I throw a hissy fit and call the film rubbish. It just didn't work for me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just Mercy. Really good. Based on a true story. Tough watch at times - I just cannot imagine my life, my opportunities, how I'm perceived and treated being defined by the colour of my skin...the words escape me...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love Actually - for the gazillionith time. Thought this time it was too soon to when I last watched it but nope...just love that film and still paused it if I went to make a cuppa!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just Mercy. Really good. Based on a true story. Tough watch at times - I just cannot imagine my life, my opportunities, how I'm perceived and treated being defined by the colour of my skin...the words escape me...

It's more than tough in places but it is absolutely brilliant.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Love Actually - for the gazillionith time. Thought this time it was too soon to when I last watched it but nope...just love that film and still paused it if I went to make a cuppa!

In November?? For Shame!!:eek:

Saw Love Actually and The Holiday was on earlier but will wait... Mind you if "A Good Year" pops up, no way am i waiting!:love:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
In November?? For Shame!!:eek:

Saw Love Actually and The Holiday was on earlier but will wait... Mind you if "A Good Year" pops up, no way am i waiting!:love:

As I'm self isolating I'm planning Officer and a Gentleman, Top Gun, Noting Hill, Four Weddings, Saving Private Ryan, Dirty Dancing and many more...or at least until Thursday when The Masters starts!