Filled in my first card today. What handicap ?

Brads

Visit site
Been practicing with the driver which was the only thing stopping me keeping a score.
Filled in my very first scorecard today and went round in 96 ( a 7 and a 9 as well grrrr!)
If the other two are the same , what , roughly , would that equate to under the handicap system ?
Just to get some idea.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We would need a bit more information on the course, such as course rating and slope. Without these, and assuming a par 72 course, you would be around 24 but this won't stabilise until you get closer to the 8 counting from 20 cards

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Neilds says - more is needed.
But the Differential formula is
Diff = (113 / Slope Rating) x Gross score - Course Rating)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been practicing with the driver which was the only thing stopping me keeping a score.
Filled in my very first scorecard today and went round in 96 ( a 7 and a 9 as well grrrr!)
If the other two are the same , what , roughly , would that equate to under the handicap system ?
Just to get some idea.

On your card the first thing you so is to convert any score to worse than par to plus 5 shots to that
so if the 9 was on a par 3 it becomes becomes 8

Deduct the gross score from the course rating

Work out the differential (Apply the formula shown in post #5) then deduct 2 shots

Slightly different rules apply once you have a handicap e.g the 7 and 9 are reduced to nett double bogey.

ongoing it works like this

1620552240016.jpg