Fight Club: What would you have done?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't you think it's a bit odd that someone just so happened to have a phone video recording there at that precise moment?
I don't think anyone there comes out with much credit.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Don't you think it's a bit odd that someone just so happened to have a phone video recording there at that precise moment?

My thoughts too. Me thinks something was said before the recording started which prompted the guy to get his phone out. As for calling someone out, and the ensuing violence, certainly the thug should be out - what would happen if you queried him teeing off in front of the blocks? As for the mouth, I'd remind him of how to bring something to the committee's attention, and then suspend him for a month.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i would not hesitate to call out a cheat, in whichever manner got the desired result, i have done so at cards and only once for golf. To the committee works for me if it is minor and there may be justification behind it, otherwise name and shame.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Eh ? Sorry that’s confused me
Nothing cryptic, maybe I could have added a smilie.

I had thought you involved in the committee side of things in which case concluding that both would be thrown out on the evidence presented so far seemed, to me, to be jumping to conclusions.

Patrick has presented an alternative, entirely rational, set of circumstances that could see a very different outcome...although, on the balance of probabilities, I would be inclined to bet on yours 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I agree. It looked as though the camera was ready to go so you have the wonder if there was more before hand. I think the guy throwing the punches (and damaging the window through his actions) needs to get chucked out. You simply can't act like that whatever the provocation. The other guy isn't blameless and needs the committee to take action and understand what provoked the comments and the reactions

User20204

Visit site

I don't think it's odd at all. This incident had clearly been going on before the camera was fired up and unless you've been living on mars for the past ten years people video everything and anything at the slightest whim.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always someone on their phone
I have refused to sign a card because of cheating.
It was not nice to do .

Wolf

Visit site
Always someone on their phone
I have refused to sign a card because of cheating.
It was not nice to do .
I to have had to refuse to sign a card because of blatant cheating, use of leather wedge and suddenly improved lies, and trying to change his scores. Worse part of it for me was the card I refused to sign belonged to my brother.. Others in our group saw it and it got reported and he got a lengthy ban and we've never played a round together since and I never will I very much doubt.

As for the OP regardless of who has done what you can't behave that way in a golf club it has to be done through proper channels. I'd have thought there will be impending bans coming. But that being said when someone is up in your face threatening you it's hard to just walk away and not want to fight back..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I to have had to refuse to sign a card because of blatant cheating, use of leather wedge and suddenly improved lies, and trying to change his scores. Worse part of it for me was the card I refused to sign belonged to my brother.. Others in our group saw it and it got reported and he got a lengthy ban and we've never played a round together since and I never will I very much doubt.

As for the OP regardless of who has done what you can't behave that way in a golf club it has to be done through proper channels. I'd have thought there will be impending bans coming. But that being said when someone is up in your face threatening you it's hard to just walk away and not want to fight back..
That must have been tough.