Fifa reject Ireland request

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If they were granted this, it would open the floodgates every time there was a disputed decision.
For once FIFA have got it right.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it's injustice you're looking for, my boys storm into a 1-4 away lead, game then abandoned. Fair enough if it was unplayable however ref didn't warn or consult with either of the managers or captains. A short trip away in Portsmouth and game finishes.
Player gets booked in a game that doesn't count, 5th booking, he gets a ban!
Player misses game through a ban and STILL has to serve the ban as game doesn't count. Go figure???????????????????

B

birdieman

Thank goodness that's over, whole claim by Ireland was ridiculous. There are no tv replays for the ref and assistants.....end of.

There are countless injustices and refereeing mistakes every week up and down all the football leagues.

All footballers try to cheat, it's part of the game, some get away with it some don't.

Roy Keane summarised things perfectly.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Correct Birdieman Roy Keane hit the nail on the head, if thats the case the SFA should get on to FIFA and try and get in because we had a numpty manager,do you think they'll listen. :D
Sorry Ireland its old news time to move on.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
If they were granted this, it would open the floodgates every time there was a disputed decision.
For once FIFA have got it right.

I don’t agree and I’ll tell you why. The amount of times, situations like this, where people have used others as their reason for not doing something is unbelievable.

The real doers in life grasp the nettle, take the decision. Not based on “if we allow that then this might happen” If you think of the negative side first then you’ll never look at the real question in the first place.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So what happened to " The referee's decision is final"?

Seems that got chucked out when they started appealing cards.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
Don’t get me wrong, they could well have made the right decision. It’s the reason, using others as the reason.

If they allowed Ireland to get in and others came forward with their reasons then all well and good, handle them as they arise. Not use the possibility that others them might come in as the excuse.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
c'mon boys, wrong ref decision have been part of football ever since a man-in-black blew a whistle and will be in future. Rub-of-the-green or as we in Austria say "kismed" (a hebrew word for fate).

Tommo21

Tour Winner
c'mon boys, wrong ref decision have been part of football ever since a man-in-black blew a whistle and will be in future. Rub-of-the-green or as we in Austria say "kismed" (a hebrew word for fate).

Ah, you see, rub of the green. In golf, if you cheat or cock up and it's spotted, the result can change. In football cheaters get away with it if the whistle blows.

They're quick enough to look at a bad tackle after the event but cheating is okay if it's not dealt with on the spot. I call that negleting the obvious.

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i dont see the difference. in football if you cheat and it is spotted by the ref, he blows the whistle and you get penalized or the goal is disallowed. In golf if you get a free drop from the referee which you are not entitled to you get away with it as well. so what

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
They take the refs decision seriously in football, it is the reason the Eduardo thing was dropped, they realised that they would have to overule every single time a ref made a mistake.

When a ref makes a decision you either have to beleive it was made in good faith and accept it, or you can look at every single decision made by every ref judge it and correct if needed. I don't beleive you can realistically just look at the ones highlighted by TV.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hear the FA were planning to appeal the result of the 1986 World Cup semi final had the Irish been successful with any of their appeals...

And the Germans are appealing against the Russians linesman decision in 1966 ,that will shut you up then :D