IPTV. Any thoughts, please?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Sky subscription is now getting very expensive, in my eyes, and someone suggested IPTV.
They say it's about £60 per year ...................... that sounds very cheap.

If anyone is using it, what are the pros and cons, please.

D

Deleted member 15344

My Sky subscription is now getting very expensive, in my eyes, and someone suggested IPTV.

You will need good broadband to ensure a good stream

There are many legal IPTV providers - Sky go , Now TV etc but £60 a year means it’s not one of them

But as normal if you watch anything that’s broadcast on subscription services in the UK it’s illegal and ISPs are looking at ways to block lots of streams

If you want to watch Sky services etc then you need to go via one of the authorised providers

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have heard there is whole group at our club that have got into unlicensed internet viewing ( modified Firesticks) and I have not heard anybody complain about the quality.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What do you want to watch.
If it's movies and TV series then there other options, if you want live TV/ sport then IPTV is the way to go.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I have heard there is whole group at our club that have got into unlicensed internet viewing ( modified Firesticks) and I have not heard anybody complain about the quality.
Ask that same group of people what the punishment for shoplifting should be, or for someone who steals their golf clubs?

IPTV via a Firstick is a great way to invest in organised crime if you are in to tha sort of thing.