few swing vids

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
if you are looking for swing help then im not your man. enjoyed watching those. you have some swing chap. effortless. you give that driver a great dig!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
ignore my h/c as I am not giving technical advice. My only observation was it looks like they are being played at 2x speed.

Apart from that it looks damn fine

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks gary, I try to keep it as simple as possible, gibbo, thats just the way i swing mate, as long as im in balance, it goes well (smiley face)

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
That's a swing I could live with!

Lots of nice little things going on there (I especially like the way you keep your right foot down through impact) Clearly you're not lacking in the swingspeed department!. Once you get a swing to that stage you need to be looking at your ball flight and how well you control it.
Interesting little rock back off the toes at set up... that's your natural trigger? It looks like you hit your irons pretty straight but maybe that you block or fade your drives more often than you draw them? (that's going out on a limb!)

As I said, to improve on that swing you need to be focusing on what your bad shot is and trying to control that.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
it wasn't a criticism JT, wish I could swing like that.

getting a lot of good swings posted lately, dare I entrust my own onto the forum.... no chance (not yet at least lol)

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ach I know gibbo, just having laugh.
J/o, driving has been hit or miss lately, blocking it has been an issue, earlier in the year it was going very well, straight, then drawing, but found I became very flat, this is me trying to get it back on plane.
I actually like hitting a fade with the driver, but sometimes I try to go after it and my hands get flippy.
Cheers

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I actually like hitting a fade with the driver, but sometimes I try to go after it and my hands get flippy.

No problem going with the fade, Bubba can manage 350+yds with one.

I would say that if you're going to play a fade make sure it happens! If you stand too square you stand a chance of coming over the top (flipping or rolling) and the ball is going to go big time left, not what you want from a fade, so stand a little more open, keep the face still and open your entire stance - and shoulders enough to ENSURE your swingpath is cutting across the ball and that the face will NEVER close... then blast it! You'll have plenty of room to swing into as you won't have the issue of your body getting in the way. Bubba stands at least 30-40 degrees open when he hits his fade.

Nb: If you do stand very open you'll always attract the attention of people who'll want to tell you just how open you are standing... thank them for their observation... then carry on.:D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Here's a vid of Tiger hitting a fade.... lined up approx 20 degrees left with feet, hips and shoulders.... ball starts to the right of his toe line... he doesn't hit the ball 'across himself' so to speak.

[video=youtube_share;oSxk2r--ZuM]http://youtu.be/oSxk2r--ZuM[/video]

[it'll be live in a moment.... just uploading it] :thup:

A

Alex1975

Nice swing, lovely position at top with your irons and great posture.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good swing! Looking at that I assumed you would be cat 1. Can you move the ball both ways at will? What about the other parts of your game? Theres got to be a reason for an 8 hcp and I cant see it in those vids.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Alex.
Matty, I can work it both ways, but sometimes I lack a bit control off the tee, and get flat in my swing.
Have had real problems with my wedges to, if I drive well, I usually score well, if I don't have any 30 yard pitches to play in then I'm ok.
Would say my demons are in my head unfortunately.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I fully understand that as I think thats where I fall down. I go on about Patrick Cohn books a bit on this site and they may be worth a look (Going Low in particular).

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks matty, will have a look on amazon tonight.

Jo, was trying the fade at the course today, think it'll need some good practice getting my alignment right. Thanks.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice swing, not much to be concerned with.

Just a bit of advice on Vids. Try and keep the Vid compact, moving the bag and placing the basket take focus away from the swing which is the object of the post

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very impressive swing JT, only thing that I can do is compliment your swing. Great hip movement on the downswing, that stuck out for me, you clearly generate an awful lot of power through your club speed. How tall are you? Are you a big hitter? (My guess would be yes!)