Feedback On My Swing (Front View)

CobraCully

Visit site
[video=youtube;G4H2EEtERhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4H2EEtERhc[/video]
Sorry About My Dads Rubbish Camera Skills.
This shot ended up to the right of the fairway, good flight but just started to fade to the right.
wasn't a major slice

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Can see a big overswing and looks like you start your downswing with your arms rather than turning through the ball first.
If I lead with my arms it tends to fade a bit, but if my first move is to turn through and let the arms follow I get a nice draw and a much more penetrating ball flight, because there is more power in the swing from the body turning through

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your left arm is in a C shape, you seem to have turned your body well but then you kill the power by collapsing the arm and letting the wrists drop the club head. All that does is add extra places for error.

Reduce the number of hinges and keep the body turning against the hips and you should straighten up a bit.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As posted in the DTL view, swing seems great for this stage of development.

FWIW.
Recommendations would be to get that grip srted out - that is quite possibly the major contributor to subsequent issues! Also get that left arm straighter - specially on the takeaway and through impact.

Most modern teaching prefers the one-piece take-away, with the 'Y' formed by the forearms and shaft being maintained until the hands are at least outside the right foot (often further). This 'left shoulder driven' turn reduces the potential problems associated with 'hinge points'. Your bent arms and wrists, which are actually what are supporting and moving the club (think 3/4 of a pound of butter on an almost 4 feet long stick!) are much more likely to go a tiny bit wrong - and you will have to make a correction - than if both the elbows and wrists are static (though not locked!). The straight(er) left arm should prevent that overswing too - thinking putting pressure into left wrist from base of right thumb may help more than locking the elbow.

In the down-swing, I think you body is getting back to the set-up/impact position just a tad bit too early. The great bit is that you stay behind the ball, but the result is that, even with the bent left elbow, you get 'cramped' and the left shoulder then lifts so the arms have somewhere to go - that's where the chicken-wing happens (a sign that there's not enough space being made for a 'flowing' swing). You drop slightly too, but I don't think that's a major issue.

So. keep that left arm straighter! The right one should straighten 'naturally' but it has to bend (otherwise 'swing' is 'wave').

Not sure what drills can help. Bob's probably the best for those. However, I found swinging with feet together great for getting timing better. As per previous post, the Headcover drill should show that the clubhead is heading more down the line rather than being pulled around the body. You may also want to get more of (but not purely) a feeling of sweeping, rather than hitting, the ball off the tee too.

Hope my waffle helps more than it hinders!
Good Luck

Last edited: