Favourite

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For many years Ernie Els. Now probably big Phil. Plays with a smile, acknowledges the crowds, goes for every shot.

Seve was before I played golf so I never really saw him play.

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Matt Kuchar always comes across as a thoroughly nice person, so I'd say him.

I always imagine he is lightly medicated, no one is that happy!

Favourite GOLFER is Tiger, just because he is way way better than anyone i have ever watched... i never watch Nicklaus play and the comparison bores me.

Also, bored of the Tiger Woods coverage in golf circles, i was a huge fan, but times change

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
For many years Ernie Els. Now probably big Phil. Plays with a smile, acknowledges the crowds, goes for every shot.

Seve was before I played golf so I never really saw him play.

Similar for me, Phil Mickleson was one of my favourites because he played left handed, I too am left handed but when I actually started playing golf, I played right handed and still do.

Ernie Els was my overall favourite, he won the first open that I ever went to in Muirfield in 2002, was only a young pup at the time. The weather was awful but I loved every minute of it.

D

Deleted member 1147

Whilst growing up it was Faldo - single minded obsession with winning
Then Tiger - as above
Now Rory - very exciting player

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like Rory and Peter Kay, sorry Phil Mickelson for the way they play the game but my favourite golfer is David Howell. Don't really know why apart from the fact that he speaks very well, putts like a dream and by all accounts is bloody decent bloke.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
John Daly when I was growing up, I even had the Wilson Killer Whale Driver he played. Of the modern crop probably Rickie Fowler or Patrick Reed, just love their swings.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Geoff Ogilvy for me

Main reason was he got me into playing golf - had a larger than normal bet on him to win the US Open. Back then i had never held a golf club before but after picking up my winnings i bought a cheap starter set. Still didnt play often back then but that was still the reason.

He also speaks and writes with a lot of professionalism

His win in the Barracuda a few years back was a great night for me as well

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Miguel for me. When Marshalling at Muir field he was pure class. I was on the tee on the Wednesday morning and he spent ages just being nice to people.

Others were not so nice. I didn't like the way Rose was with his caddy for example.