Favourite Putter?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
So after a lot of humming and putting in AG, I went with a Stroke Lab V Line S putter. Not too disimilar to the Marxman, but I just really like the way it looks and feels when putting. The had 6 single putts in the first nine holes I played with it , very pleased so far.

How good is the Stroke Lab shaft?
Do you notice much difference?
I’ve heard mixed feedback

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
How good is the Stroke Lab shaft?
Do you notice much difference?
I’ve heard mixed feedback

I don't know if I'm qualified to say how good it is. What I feel when putting with the strokelab, is a more balanced straight back/ straight forward pendulum. My old Scotty used to come away on an off angle at times, but not done that with the stroke lab as yet. It's just nicely balanced,and I like the white line I see when putting, it visually extends as I swing and looks straight all the time. At the moment, from 10ft or so, I just think i'm going to hole it, and even on the longer putts, the misses were all within a foot.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Anybody used a Seemore?
Is the red dot a gimmick or does it actually help?
Of course I have! :p

Red line is a 'bit' of a gimmick, but it CAN be a useful aid.

Well made and well balanced imo. Selling the first one (forgotten which model) was a mistake - and buyer loves it too much to sell it back! Second one not quite the same magic, but that's no criticism of the putter - which still felt nice, specially on long putts, for my first round this year a few weeks ago.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I liked the look of my Bettinardi BC-01, but not so much the face- always felt like I had over hit everything.
I'm a huge Betti fan/addict. The only Scotty model I really got on with was actually made by Bettinardi - the TI3 without the 'cushion' around the copper insert. That insert was really a kludge at the time because Scotty wasn't able to precisely match the insert to the head as BB, with many years of precision CNC milling experience, could - at least at that time!

However, I was seriously unimpressed with the BC-01 and most other FIT models! The feel was pretty plasticky! That was the only model/range that didn't feel 'right'! All others have felt perfect, albeit not necessarily appropriate to my action!

The BB1 model is every bit as good as a (same style) Scotty Newport and you are likely to pay a lot less for it.

Oh and don't forget the Yes range either. There's a Yes putter for every style! And for we face-balanced putters, there are 'normal' looking ones too. And generally very good value!

Last edited:

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I’ve recently picked up the following putters 2nd hand:

Bettinardi Queen Bee no.6
Wilson 8802 (Milled 2014 version)
Odyssey Toulon San Diego
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced

Only tried the Edel E-3 so far which is quite special- excited to try the others when they arrive 😁

JV24601

Head Pro
Visit site
I've still got the first putter I ever paid for out of my own money - a Ping Anser; it's a lovely dark bronze colour. I will always have it.

Last year treated myself to a custom fitted Evnroll ER2 - it's brilliant; best putter I've owned.

Hi there

Just wondered where you got a custom fitting from, for Evnroll? Didn’t know they did them

Visit site
Axis1 Golf just released Justin Rose putter about 10days ago, and I’ve been lucky to have someone buy it and bring it back for me from the States last Monday. It’s a nice putter and with the tech in it, it virtually swings itself. I’d prefer if it was a bit more weighty in the feel of it
Think it’s the only one in the UK right now due to when it was released.

Before I got the Rose putter I had a Raa Classic and it was the best putter so far by a mile.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Since I posted, the odyssey milled protype #9 has been in the bag for the last month or so and very happy with it and definitely staying put. My work with putting gates and the visio template have really made a difference to my stroke. That said I took my original Ping Anser 2 out for a giggle on the putting green while I practiced. Forgot what a great feeling putter it was. All it needs is a new grip and extending back to 34" but could be tempted....

popeye

Hacker
Visit site
How many people actually get fitted for a putter?
I got fitted last week and ordered a sc fastback-will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In near 50 yrs playing the game I have had a total of four putters. First was a cut down hickory-shafted blade (might even have been a cut-down one or two iron as it had a little bit of loft - or maybe it was old enough and was so for getting out of stymies?); that was replaced in 1976 by a JL Golden Goose mallet; that in turn replaced by an Acushnet Bullseye Flange about 1987; with the final change being to my current best friend - Odyssey White Hot Pro #2 centre shafted about 2015. I loved the Bullseye but my short putting was too flakey - the Odyssey has sorted that and with it my putting is the best it has ever been. But I think the Bullseye remains my favourite mistress.

Last edited: