Favourite Putter?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody used a Seemore?
Is the red dot a gimmick or does it actually help?
I tried one on a fitting ages ago, I think it does help with alignment, and also in making sure you have a bit of forward lean for a nice roll. I didn't really like the putter itself personally though, I went for something heavier.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am down to 4 putters, but only one I would put in play.
A Ping becu B60 that belonged to my Dad. This will never be sold.
A Scotty circa 62 no.2, which I love for it's classic looks.

Both of these I pull left.

A Nevercompromise gambler flush half mallet, which I love. Currently at 38" with a counter balanced grip. I may cut this back to 35" and put in my bag in my holiday home.

And my actual putter.

Odessey number 9, o works, counter balanced 35". This is the putter that tracks the best. It just does.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I have had quite a few over the years.
Worst for me Odyssey two ball putter.
Best and current Cleveland counterbalanced. Works for me 👍😀

Oddly enough I love mine, in fact it's the only putter I have ever owned and played with this time around. Once had chance of getting a Scotty Cameron for £25 and turned it down. I had a play in the medical centre at thoresby and just didnt like it.
However I have just been reading about the SC fitting in Scotland thread and wondered just how important it is for a putter fitting. My thoughts re putting have always been if it feels right, that's it.

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
The club that has remained in my bag for the longest is my Ping Ketsch.
Everything about it just feels right for me.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Favourite has to be my ping sigma g Darby, also have a milled Seemore putter which I'd never sell even if it doesn't get used any longer

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Favourite is already the Studio Design 1 which i converted to an armlock recently.

Took a lot of jiggery pokery and hours to make it feel right for me but now I can't put it down.

I track my progress with putting practice and every single aspect of putting has improved from the drills I use, this seems to be carrying over to the course also.

I even broke my own record for 3 foot putts holed consecutively during practice which was previously 91, I managed 97 and then I buckled mentally trying to break the 100 barrier.

A lot of my PP's have commented to, I was usually a solid putter but at the moment I just seem to be oozing confidence, anything inside 15-20 foot currently just seems to more often than not drop and I can't remember the last time I felt so confident with 4, 6 and 8 footers.

I'm sure it won't last especially when the pace of the greens picks up again over summer.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a Ping Anser 3 which I liked, but after adding a P2 grip I now love it. Knowing my luck the grip will be banned shortly !

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a TM Spider, Odyssey D.A.R.T, Odyssey 2-BALL, Cleveland Square, Ping ANSER and BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8

Bettinardi is the best performance - but then again I may have just improved.

Funny enough I do like scotty's but have never owned one. Might try it, but I love my Queen Bee too much. If I were to change again it would probably be another Bettinardi, Scotty or an EDEL.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Had a TM Spider, Odyssey D.A.R.T, Odyssey 2-BALL, Cleveland Square, Ping ANSER and BETTINARDI QUEEN BEE #8

Bettinardi is the best performance - but then again I may have just improved.

Funny enough I do like scotty's but have never owned one. Might try it, but I love my Queen Bee too much. If I were to change again it would probably be another Bettinardi, Scotty or an EDEL.

Don’t the Queen B’s rust quite easily?
Not heard of Edel before- gonna check them out! Looks pretty cool

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Got to be a Scotty,they just feel SOOOO much more balanced than any other putter.
When putting with my Scotty,whilst wearing my Galvin Greens I feel like I can’t miss a putt.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm not looking to change because I expect to become better on the greens because I have a different putter, I just fancy a change.

I’ve got a Scotty Cameron 1.5 Squareback that I’ve had in my bag for 9 years, but I’m of a similar mind. Whilst I still love the putter, and don’t putt badly, I just fancy a change. The one that has caught my eye is the Odyssey Stroke Lab Marxman. Every time I try it, it just feels so smooth to putt with, beautifully balanced, and looks good to boot.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I’ve got a Scotty Cameron 1.5 Squareback that I’ve had in my bag for 9 years, but I’m of a similar mind. Whilst I still love the putter, and don’t putt badly, I just fancy a change. The one that has caught my eye is the Odyssey Stroke Lab Marxman. Every time I try it, it just feels so smooth to putt with, beautifully balanced, and looks good to boot.

I think it has to look right as well as feel right. I’ve had plenty of clubs in the past that I didn’t get on with initially, but persisted with them because I liked the look of it and wanted it to work for me

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don’t the Queen B’s rust quite easily?
Not heard of Edel before- gonna check them out! Looks pretty cool

I've had the queen bee for over a year now and not a single sign of rust yet. Mind you I do clean my clubs after rounds and dry them with a cloth as well. I also give my clubs a quick spray of gt85 every month or so, so it could be that.
Edel's are lovely - I would say they're not as pretty as the queen bee, but the fitting process really is in depth.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I haven’t really found “ that putter “ yet. I really liked the feel of the VP1 mulled but found the blade too narrow so I could get a bit wafty on take away, had the scotty m2 and although it felt as silk off the face as the VP1 and far more stable, it didn’t suit my eye from a shaft head point of view.

Currently got a spider in the bag and although it works fine, I still wouldn’t class is as the one.

I really fancy a square back 1.5 as these would have the feel and stability of the m2 but the slant neck of the spider but they seem very hard to come by used and I can’t justify the 390 new.

The 0 works 1w/S could be an alternative but I fancy a softer mulled face as our greens are already getting quick

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Back to my odyssey protype #9 milled putter. Back in love with it and it's behaving nicely. Still got issues once in a while with pace now and then especially with firmer makes of ball but hoping this reconciliation is for keeps. So why do I still hanker after an Anser blade type putter even though I struggle these days with them?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Back to my odyssey protype #9 milled putter. Back in love with it and it's behaving nicely. Still got issues once in a while with pace now and then especially with firmer makes of ball but hoping this reconciliation is for keeps. So why do I still hanker after an Anser blade type putter even though I struggle these days with them?

The exact same reason I love the look of blades - they're just classic aren't they and no matter what bells and whistles they put on clubs the classic look is the best.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
These bad boys

green_putter.jpg

D

Deleted member 1418

I've still got the first putter I ever paid for out of my own money - a Ping Anser; it's a lovely dark bronze colour. I will always have it.

Last year treated myself to a custom fitted Evnroll ER2 - it's brilliant; best putter I've owned.