Favourite Putter?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I've previously had a Bettinardi BC1, Odyssey 2-ball, Odyssey X-8, Odyssey PT82 + various Scotty's (currently a California Del Mar + Squareback)

I have always been a fan of Scotty Cameron, but I'm tempted to sell them both and try something different- any suggestions?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been using Never Compromise (now owned by Cleveland I believe) for the past 15 years roughly various models tried and none of them that I would not play with. I noticed from the PGA on TV that VJ Singh is still using his.

The only thing I have tried recently that has tempted me away is the TaylorMade Spider Tour Red.

Tried after my mate switched away from Scotty and Odyssey putters and give a go of his.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I got a Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser. A Copper one.

Absolutely love it and plan on it being in the bag for a long time.

I'm not a big club changer and this was a considered purchase and spent a bit of time making sure I had a club that suited me.

However you also have to be honest with yourself and realise no matter the club you get, it's really unlikely to make you a better putter without good practice / technique.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
I got a Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser. A Copper one.

Absolutely love it and plan on it being in the bag for a long time.

I'm not a big club changer and this was a considered purchase and spent a bit of time making sure I had a club that suited me.

However you also have to be honest with yourself and realise no matter the club you get, it's really unlikely to make you a better putter without good practice / technique.

I'm not looking to change because I expect to become better on the greens because I have a different putter, I just fancy a change.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've previously had a Bettinardi BC1, Odyssey 2-ball, Odyssey X-8, Odyssey PT82 + various Scotty's (currently a California Del Mar + Squareback)

I have always been a fan of Scotty Cameron, but I'm tempted to sell them both and try something different- any suggestions?
You've had blades. mallets, mid/semi-mallets and Anser styles! How to completely confuse yourself!

Stop faffing about trying different styles and go to a Putting fitter who uses SAM Puttlab (or equivalent) to actually Fit you for a style/weapon that will work FOR YOU.

Btw. Unless your 'various' is double figures, you are nowhere near the completely idiotic Putter Ho that some of us have been (and still are)! It's a disease!

Maybe this is what you need!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scotty-c...853367?hash=item2ac791e377:g:jkUAAOSwdeFchmLh

Robin Hood

Visit site
I have had quite a few over the years.
Worst for me Odyssey two ball putter.
Best and current Cleveland counterbalanced. Works for me 👍😀

GolfingPastor

Visit site
You've had blades. mallets, mid/semi-mallets and Anser styles! How to completely confuse yourself!

Stop faffing about trying different styles and go to a Putting fitter who uses SAM Puttlab (or equivalent) to actually Fit you for a style/weapon that will work FOR YOU.

Btw. Unless your 'various' is double figures, you are nowhere near the completely idiotic Putter Ho that some of us have been (and still are)! It's a disease!

Maybe this is what you need!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scotty-c...853367?hash=item2ac791e377:g:jkUAAOSwdeFchmLh

I'm afraid it is well over double figures for Scotty's, but I don't like them enough to spend that kind of money!

D

Deleted member 21258

Fav was a 2 ball fang lined versa putter, but the metal mesh front fell off it. :cry:

So would recommend the second fav, envroll er6

mister v

Visit site
i've had a scotty newport 2 for the last 3-4 years but i cant stop looking at the taylormade spider , i think its just as a golfer there is an inbuilt "buy new kit" part of my brain...... its like a drug!!!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’m thinking of treating myself to a new putter.
Currently got a Scotty Cameron del mar.
Looking at either an odyssey o works 7 or scotty Cameron futura x5

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Best performing for me:
  • Spalding Gold Medal Model W
  • Greenway De-Luxe
  • Spalding Cash-In

Most enjoyment from using:
  • Jack Berry It-Sits
  • Spalding Gold Medal Model W (makes both lists, must be a keeper)
  • Ben Sayers Moon Shot
  • Gradidge

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oddy 2 ball for me...just refurbished it today. Got rid of the black pen horizontal line on the two discs and polished out the scratches...adopting my new Pop Putt technique now...lovely......enjoy!

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Favourite Putter is a Bettinardi A02, so good I have two. Will only replace it when I get my hands on a Bettinardi Queen B (will always keep one A02 just in case)

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Favourite Putter is a Bettinardi A02, so good I have two. Will only replace it when I get my hands on a Bettinardi Queen B (will always keep one A02 just in case)

I liked the look of my Bettinardi BC-01, but not so much the face- always felt like I had over hit everything.