Favourite Drills

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the title say what is your favourite drill. More importantly why?

Mine is to swing and hit balls standing on one leg. I cannot do a full swing. But a half swing and three-quarter swing are no problem. The reason I started it was a started to sway with the upper body. The weight stayed on the inside of my back foot in the back-swing. But my upper body swayed 2"-3", wondered why I was hitting fat/ thin shots.

Since starting this drill the sway has gone.(if you sway on one leg you end up on your backside, not a good look). Alway start any practise or pre-match warm up, with it. Very good for general balance as well.

I only hit 10 balls stood on each leg.

Over to you girls and boys.

jennifermcm

Hacker
Visit site
I use a putting drill that a pro taught me a couple of years ago, it gets the shoulders rocking nicely -

Take your putting stance, grab your putter, place it across your chest, then put your arms over it so that the club is in your under-arms.

Your arms will naturally fall into a perfect position for putting. move through the stroke a few times to get the feel of the shoulders rocking, and then you're ready to play some great putts.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im a putting nut .. love practicing my putting , my most important drill before a game is i putt from the fringe at one end of putting green to the other , practicing pace , can read breaks fairly well so pace is the key .. even if it raining il go out & do some of these , then hole a couple of 3 footters & away with me ..