fav bit of kit of all time

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
What would be you're favorite bit of kit you have ever had?

It could be like mine a ball marker from the first course i ever played or it could be the first high priced club you bought, you get the idea.

Thought it should be interesting hearing about some gear from yesteryear.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
only been playing for about a year, so not very interesting, but I really like my Titleist ball marker cap. Looks good and stops me having to fiddle about in my pockets looking for my marker.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a warbird 3 wood, which was "the" club that helped me get from 3.b.j.s on all the long holes, and too many double bogeys, to a bogey-all-the-long-holes by getting close sort of player.
I loved it.....

One day I broke the shaft on some rock-hard fairway.

Callaway replaced it with a new model....which never felt the same, so much so, it was a 3 wood that was the first "new" club I bought after re-starting playing. I bought a Taylor Made R5 dual ti. This is the best 3 wood ever off the tee, but even this is still nowhere as good as that old warbird off the fairway.

RIP warbird 3 wood.....

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dunno about best bit of kit but am loving my new Putter at the moment. only been using it for two weeks but we bonded so well i think if i lost or broke it, i wouldn't want to play.

mrgolf001

Visit site
best bit of kit is my 64 degree lob wedge,you need lots of practice with it to find your yardage + callaway ft3 driver
handcap 1.3 hope by end of summer back to scr with these two clubs now in bag.......

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
TonyN - Its only a honeymoon period. You just wait til the batteries in that new putter go flat and your struggling like the rest of us!!!

My favourite club of all time wood have to be the persimmon 3 wood I had as a junior. Hit it miles and it was a thing of beauty made specially for me by an old club maker for my birthday. In the summer I could hit the par 4 9th at Wimbledon Common (295 yards) regularly. Remember this was the 80's and the ball never went as far as today. I miss it to this day

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
TonyN - Its only a honeymoon period. You just wait til the batteries in that new putter go flat and your struggling like the rest of us!!!

Honeymoon, Nah, I married a fisher putter that stays at home, The new one is my dirty little secret that will forever hold a sense of danger, and keep things exciting..... i hope.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Tough call, I'm a relative newcomer but have to say it's gotta be my Adidas shoes.
Very comfy, very smart.

To play right you need comfy shoes.

Saying that, my shoes are comfy but it doesn't necessarily mean I play right! :D

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im feeling so low about my golf right now that i cant even say i like any of it, its all been performing badly, the better part of kit has been my Driver. My pitch mark repairer definitely hasnt been used enough to warrant a good mention, and ive been hitting wedges like a novice titleist vokey junk..(Must be all that custom fitting i had done (load of crap))
The only decent thing really is the Club house so i can sit in there warm dry and get a drink

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My five iron. I played on sunday, and 90% of the time I couldn't get the ball off the ground. Worst I have played for ages. (still shot 13 over, but no satisfaction at all).

Got to the par three 16th, 168 yards, canned it for a one, with the only decent strike of the day. I love my five iron (well, this week at least).

T

thecraw

Has to be my 48" Odyssey 2 ball broomhandle putter which stopped me chucking the game completely.

(I once hit 16 greens in regulation during a medal and had 43 putts, I walked off the 18th and snapped my putter in front of a crowded clubhouse, threw my clubs into the car and didnt return for 7 months!)

My then girlfriend put me on suicide watch for the next month!! Funnily enough she dumped me, cant understand why?????????