Fat putter grips

AlbertsTache

Club Champion
Visit site
No gimmes to Phil Mickelson or Jason Dufner?

No chance, Phil is a great long/mid range putter but has missed his share of short ones in his time, same with Duffner.

Duffner is ranked 1 place below Westwood in putts made inside 5' (177th on PGA tour)

Phil is 34th (his misses get more press I guess)

Last edited:

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's your hands hinging that is the problem, have you thought about swapping your hands over ?

i.e if you are right handed, put you left hand at the bottom of the grip. I've been using this lately and it forces you to keep the left arm and wrist straight. Feels weird at times, but is effective.

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Another 2 thumbs user here, I have 'the daddy' and its fantastic. Kind of oval ish shaped, so flat front and back, about 1" wide at its biggest. Has helped my putting and still fits in my putter slot on my bag! Got mine from the racecourse mike and was fitted and ready to go ten minutes later for £20....

Ive tried the fat boy two thumb thing.... my mates got one didnt get on with it... however tried a supa stroke last night and although it was a thinish one I like the feel and think I might go for the slightly thicker one with a traditional grip. def takes out the wristy thing and gets you using your shoulder more. Thanks for the input fellas. :)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
No chance, Phil is a great long/mid range putter but has missed his share of short ones in his time, same with Duffner.

Duffner is ranked 1 place below Westwood in putts made inside 5' (177th on PGA tour)

Phil is 34th (his misses get more press I guess)

Put Dufner on your club's greens and I bet he won't miss too many short ones.

AlbertsTache

Club Champion
Visit site
Put Dufner on your club's greens and I bet he won't miss too many short ones.

That is the daftest response possible:

1. You don't know where I play
2. You don't know how good or bad the greens are
3. How many times have you played at a championship course and said similar too "if you start them on line the stay there" or words to that effect about the greens. What happens if the greens are slightly bobbly?

:clap:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

3. How many times have you played at a championship course and said similar too "if you start them on line the stay there" or words to that effect about the greens. What happens if the greens are slightly bobbly?

A championship course? Slaley, Longhirst.....?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

I am pretty sure you don't play on a course with PGA Tour speed Bermuda greens.

Please tell me if that is not the case.

What is silly is for you to say you wouldn't give putts to 2 major winners just because they are low in the short putt stats. I think I can confidently say that all the players above then in that one isolated stat are a darn sight better than the people you usually play against.

Again, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

AlbertsTache

Club Champion
Visit site
I am pretty sure you don't play on a course with PGA Tour speed Bermuda greens.

Please tell me if that is not the case.

What is silly is for you to say you wouldn't give putts to 2 major winners just because they are low in the short putt stats. I think I can confidently say that all the players above gem I that one isolated stat are a darn sight better than the people you usually play against.

Again, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I'm also pretty sure that I won't be playing match play against said major winners, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Your taking a hypothetical situation very seriously, please tell me if that's not the case

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Winn Jumbo Lite on my putter, went for that over a superstroke purely for its shape, i found the superstroke too rounded, whereas the winn has a far more defined flat front to it.

I also find my grip pressure is very light with the jumbo grip which for me, helps with feel.