Tourfit or Avon Golf Grips

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
My grips are getting worn and have been looking to replace them. I generally play a lot of golf during the year, on the course 190 times last year, plus practice sessions (I know, you'd think I'd be better by now :unsure::LOL:), invariably have to change some of the grips annually. The prices vary a lot depending on whether you go for branded or unbranded, I can pay anything from £3 to £15 a grip, which obviously gets a bit pricey. I like the Golf Pride MCC grips, but they are generally the most expensive unless you buy fakes on ebay. Whilst scouring the web I found these look a likes from TourFit, they don't have the cord in the top part of the grip, but are substantially cheaper. I know you get what you pay for, and they most likely to come from the same place as the Golf Pride fakes, but if they last a season, they've done their job. Just wondered if anyone else has used them and if so, how were they?

I'm also interested the Avon Chamois grips, they've been around a lot longer and are a more reputable rubber company, anyone have any experience of these?

thanks

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having read a lot on this forum about the global shortage of grips, maybe you should check what is available - might narrow down your search considerably!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’d steer clear of cheap grips. My regular playing partner bought some MC copies from eBay and they were falling apart in no time. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I’d steer clear of cheap grips. My regular playing partner bought some MC copies from eBay and they were falling apart in no time. Buy cheap, buy twice.
True but buying them twice is still cheaper than buying the real thing....
I'm sure the genuine grips are priced with an appropriate markup - they're still bloody expensive for what they are....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

I totally get it, have bought Golf Pride on ebay before, pretty sure they were fakes, but they lasted a season, so not too worried by that factor.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I've used sharpro in the past, they were cheap... and rubbish.

Your post begs the question, you use the most exspensive MCC bescause you like how they feel, you do realise the copies will feel nothing like them.... theyve not even got the cord.... so why?

Golf pride have cheaper high quality alternatives that I'd much rather use thqn light weight super thin flimsy knock offs....

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I fit my own grips, but haven't bought them at full price. I used to use Sharpro until they disappeared. I wouldn't have said they were rubbish. They were fine for me. In fact, I still have some on my Maxfli Revolution winter set. I then got some Champ golf grips (they made them for a short period). They were so good, I bought a second set as a backup.
I would say there are better value (as opposed to "cheap") golf grips out there if you go for the lesser brands or buy discontinued stock.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've used sharpro in the past, they were cheap... and rubbish.

Your post begs the question, you use the most exspensive MCC bescause you like how they feel, you do realise the copies will feel nothing like them.... theyve not even got the cord.... so why?

Golf pride have cheaper high quality alternatives that I'd much rather use thqn light weight super thin flimsy knock offs....

I do like the MCC, but I'm not tied to them in any way, my woods have lamkin grips, which don't have chord in, so happy to do the none cord route. Replacing a set of MCC is upward of £120, right now I want to save a few quid. I'm totally understanding that cheaper options may not work out. Was just interested to know if anyone had tried the Tourfit or Avon :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I cannot remember the last time I bought Golf Pride grips and have bought cheap for many years.

The last set of new irons I bought had GP multi compounds on them and they lasted less time than other manufacturers similar grips bought my from usual source.

I mainly use Velvet Style grips cost around £1 - £1.25 a grip verses Golf Pride TVs £6